Playstation Achievements System Coming Next Month?!

Banned
Snapshot taken from the article:

"The internet is buzzing with a new rumor that a PlayStation 3 Achievements system aka the Tropy System is coming to PS3 owners next month.

According to this PSU report, 2D trophies located on the PS3s XMB may launch this June with firmware version 2.4 (which should also introduce in-game XMB access). These trophies are reportedly different to the 3D ones set to feature in Home later this year."

Full article can be read here - tinyurl.com/3g5fbm

About time we PS3 owners got something like this. Eat that MS!

29 Comments

I wish.

Not being optimistic.

yeh eat that MS

What? In what way does this put one over on MS who have been doing this since launch day with the 360????

About time we PS3 owners got something like this. Eat that MS!

lol nice..... Eat that ps3 for being very slow on copying what Ms has done...

Altho it will be good

So how will this work with games that are already out? does seem like sony are just trying to copy the competition now. surely it would be more beneficial to introduce something MS don't have?

lol by the time Home is launched the next MS console will be out. What a load of pants, so glad I never bought a PS3

vixygwim;2103226

C'mon Home ... sooner the better. MS will die a death if they ever … C'mon Home ... sooner the better. MS will die a death if they ever release that - alright maybe not a death but it should be a huge kick up the backside.Personally I don't give two hoots about achievements.

Yes Sony's vast experience with computing and networking will help them over come XBL.........

the counter from Sony, a sims virtual world........lol

You will eat your words on that statement.

Oh yeah and why copy MS if they are so different haha.

Original Poster Banned

SunTzu;2103201

yeh eat that MSWhat? In what way does this put one over on MS who have … yeh eat that MSWhat? In what way does this put one over on MS who have been doing this since launch day with the 360????

i know a ton of people who are fed up with the achievements i on the 360 games cause alot of them dont promote team play

For PS3, achievements are individual accomplishments. Gamers will get to walk their friends around their HOME and into their "Hall of Fame" room where they can show off their stuff - like a replay of their best lap, a replay of the final knokout punch, their 10 hot Tekken 6 combo etc.

Home and the Trophy system is gonna be sicker than the 360

Original Poster Banned

SunTzu;2103237

lol by the time Home is launched the next MS console will be out. What a … lol by the time Home is launched the next MS console will be out. What a load of pants, so glad I never bought a PS3

Thats the problem with you 360 owners - you are too impatient just liek the company that designed the piece of rubbish you own.

MS wanted to get ahead of the nex-gen race and released a console that was OK. There earlu efforts were rewarded with good sales and a head start on software early on.

The came along patient Sony a year later and released a GREAT system.

MS then slowly pushed out one revision after another and now has a shed load out there with even more coming this and next year.

HD-DVD lost out to bray, more addons and accessories came out to match the PS3 hardware and now MS owners have ended up with a bulky system - like the A-Team project at the end of each show - big pile of junk compiled to make a coolish looking system.

Now silly people like you are rushing and don't understand the patient strategy Sony employ - they wait, just like a fine wine takes a while to mature.

Im so happy i bought the PS3 at launch and even happier i own the 60GB version. I get nice online play for FREE, DivX officially supported, 60GB, Blu-Ray, Great exclusives coming this year, great additional enetertainment addons like PlayTV, HOME, Trophys etc. The beauty of recording TV programs onto my HDD (thats easily upgradeable to 1TB) with my PSP from another country is sweet aswell.

The power of the cell is unseen and slowly, you dudes will see how the PS3WNS the X360.

vixygwim;2103311

Yeah XBL Live is ground breaking stuff... :lazy:.While we're talking … Yeah XBL Live is ground breaking stuff... :lazy:.While we're talking about "vast experience".. are you giving me a free run to slate the 360 hardware for being utter cr*p?

Firsty your arguement is lamentable, why does something need to be ground breaking to be good? If it works well and is usable then that is a good product. You can slate the Hardware of the 360 all you want, it isn't as good as the PS3 technically but it was released late, titles are slow to come out because of the difficulties of programming for it, the Blu-Ray is 1x speed which is why all games requiring installing. etc etc.

How quickly we forget that the PS2 was technically inferior to the orginal Xbox and now you are talking the same BS in reverse. The PS2 was a awesome selling machine but it wasn't its 'superior' hardware that won customers though was it?

:whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:

jay_zizzle;2103354

Thats the problem with you 360 owners - you are too impatient just liek … Thats the problem with you 360 owners - you are too impatient just liek the company that designed the piece of rubbish you own.MS wanted to get ahead of the nex-gen race and released a console that was OK. There earlu efforts were rewarded with good sales and a head start on software early on.The came along patient Sony a year later and released a GREAT system.MS then slowly pushed out one revision after another and now has a shed load out there with even more coming this and next year. HD-DVD lost out to bray, more addons and accessories came out to match the PS3 hardware and now MS owners have ended up with a bulky system - like the A-Team project at the end of each show - big pile of junk compiled to make a coolish looking system.Now silly people like you are rushing and don't understand the patient strategy Sony employ - they wait, just like a fine wine takes a while to mature.Im so happy i bought the PS3 at launch and even happier i own the 60GB version. I get nice online play for FREE, DivX officially supported, 60GB, Blu-Ray, Great exclusives coming this year, great additional enetertainment addons like PlayTV, HOME, Trophys etc. The beauty of recording TV programs onto my HDD (thats easily upgradeable to 1TB) with my PSP from another country is sweet aswell.The power of the cell is unseen and slowly, you dudes will see how the PS3WNS the X360.

Thats what i don't get about "you ps3" owners, all i ever hear people who own a ps3 say is how much it beats the 360. I bought a ps3 the other day and i have to say. At the moment the ps3 definetly does not beat the xbox in anyway other than the bluray player and the quietness. The games, from what i can see so far are the same both in gameplay and graphics BUT not in price, usually £10 more expensive for a ps3 version.
You havn't mentioned the downloads either, I've had my ps3 3 days now and each day has required me to download some random upgrade at the slowest downlaod rate imaginable, just what you want when you've shelled out over £200 on a console.

I'm not saying the ps3 is bad, nor am i saying the 360 is better. What I'm trying to get across is that you may think you have a perfect console, but does that opinion come with a detailed look at both consoles?
Or is it a view that has been adopted to try and make you feel better for buying a ps3 on launch day for £300+?

vixygwim;2103427

I'd love to know why XBX Live is so great.. really.. I'm at a loss.You … I'd love to know why XBX Live is so great.. really.. I'm at a loss.You login.. you check messages.. you receive notifications.. check your gamercard.. download some demos.. chat with some friends.. and ultimately join a multiplayer game online.The former half sounds just like they've wrapped it around MSN.Give me a 3d environment any day of the week.XBL works but that's it.

Why are you so against it then, I take it from your statement that you don't use a hotmail account, Windows OS, or any MS related product to firmly place yourself in the justified label?

The internet works but thats it!!!

Com'on you can do better than that.

stratomaster;2103483

Thats what i don't get about "you ps3" owners, all i ever hear people who … Thats what i don't get about "you ps3" owners, all i ever hear people who own a ps3 say is how much it beats the 360. I bought a ps3 the other day and i have to say. At the moment the ps3 definetly does not beat the xbox in anyway other than the bluray player and the quietness. The games, from what i can see so far are the same both in gameplay and graphics BUT not in price, usually £10 more expensive for a ps3 version. You havn't mentioned the downloads either, I've had my ps3 3 days now and each day has required me to download some random upgrade at the slowest downlaod rate imaginable, just what you want when you've shelled out over £200 on a console.I'm not saying the ps3 is bad, nor am i saying the 360 is better. What I'm trying to get across is that you may think you have a perfect console, but does that opinion come with a detailed look at both consoles?Or is it a view that has been adopted to try and make you feel better for buying a ps3 on launch day for £300+?

PS3 just steals ideas from everyone else, like the Wii remote for one thing. Xbox live continues to evolve and it's obvious it bugs PS3 owners because they continue to moan about Xbox with that hint of Jealousy in their posts.

lol anything else they want to copy from the xbox 360.

Lulz

Fanboi = hypocrite

The only thing here that I care about is the In-Game XMB. That is all that matters!

"the internet is buzzing with a new rumor"

how overhyped does that sound?! there must be littlerally hundreds of thousands of 12 year old yank kids who's willy's have sneezed for the first time over this news.

Get a grip, achievements are toss, just play the f***in game, rather than buying games you wouldnt normally buy just to get more achievements to make yourself look better than the next guy (at this point understand that the rest of the world thinks your a c**k!) just get the kind of games you enjoy, then leave your little world and get laid.

lol at MinstelMan's 2nd and last line

BTW, why do you call yourself a minstrel man yet depict yourself as an M&M?

t0mm;2103196

I wish.Not being optimistic.

why do you wish - didnt you have an xbox once

I will not tolerate your insubordination! to the naughty step with yourself!

I did contemplate photoshopping it brown, but then did not want to be confused with a Revel....... or a turd, I do not wish to be named turdman, pooman, feceasman, sh*tman or squelchyman, so I cleverly used the m&m man to plant that seed of doubt in your fragile minds that the m is for minstrels and I shall be suing the people being said chocolate makers in the forseable future.

I could use a picture of myself, but I may be recognised against numerous crimewatch e-fits

I have both wii and 360, no ps3 yet becuase I cant find any games to justify its purchase, at this point in time. Dandoc can confirm as I once smashed him out of mid air banshee flight with a gravity hammer on halo 3 - however it does not rule my existance - thats my hoe's job.

MinstrelMan;2104164

I have both wii and 360, no ps3 yet becuase I cant find any games to … I have both wii and 360, no ps3 yet becuase I cant find any games to justify its purchase, at this point in time. Dandoc can confirm as I once smashed him out of mid air banshee flight with a gravity hammer on halo 3 - however it does not rule my existance - thats my hoe's job.

oh yeh i member that one - classic photo

I will never justify a purchase of the ps3

thats some power you have dan......

change your name to Mr Benn this very instance!

vixygwim;2103542

It's not to do with being "against it".It's the comparison with Home.. … It's not to do with being "against it".It's the comparison with Home.. you firmly believe the 360's XBL experience will rival it still.So I'm just outlining exactly what the XBL experience is... waiting for you to show me where I'm going wrong.

Its not something I firmly believe but XBL is a good thing and yes it needs much improvement of course and I hope Sony provide an alternatively good version too. The idea of a virtual 3D world to interact with the online content of a game console is a (IMO) very bad idea, remember VR being the the future of gaming, medical science, architecture and so on and so forth? VR died a terrible death not because the technology was bad, it was very good but that it wasn't really that useful and actually didn't create any real solutions or the entertainment value expected. Think of XBL like a simple internet you can go directly to what you want no 3D visuals just the information you require, you wanna watch a film/game trailer you go to that link. HOME requires you to 'walk' to the cinema and watch the trailer there is no direct link but a cumbersome walk to see the video you wanna see, its like some MMORPGs they become nothing more than 'virtual jogging'.............

vixygwim;2103519

I think jay has a gripe with having to buy 360 accessories when a lot … I think jay has a gripe with having to buy 360 accessories when a lot come with the PS3 anyway.Just a few-> WiFi adapter (didn't buy this myself, bought a WiFi router instead for 2/3 the price)-> Rechargeable battery pack anyone? (or rechargeable batteries) Or is it the play and charge cable?-> HD-DVD drive? Mmm, no.. can't count that now since it's .. well you know.-> HD upgrade to 120GB? Sure.. just pay well over the odds for it.Even the Wii has WiFi :lol:.I do like the 360 wireless headset though, has to be said.

A wifi adaptor isnt essential for one, heck loads of people dont understand how to set it up anyway.

As for the HD size, hmmm what about all the peope desperate to buy a 60 gig ps3 that costs around £400 with half the space.

jay_zizzle;2103354

Thats the problem with you 360 owners - you are too impatient just liek … Thats the problem with you 360 owners - you are too impatient just liek the company that designed the piece of rubbish you own.MS wanted to get ahead of the nex-gen race and released a console that was OK. There earlu efforts were rewarded with good sales and a head start on software early on.The came along patient Sony a year later and released a GREAT system.MS then slowly pushed out one revision after another and now has a shed load out there with even more coming this and next year. HD-DVD lost out to bray, more addons and accessories came out to match the PS3 hardware and now MS owners have ended up with a bulky system - like the A-Team project at the end of each show - big pile of junk compiled to make a coolish looking system.Now silly people like you are rushing and don't understand the patient strategy Sony employ - they wait, just like a fine wine takes a while to mature.Im so happy i bought the PS3 at launch and even happier i own the 60GB version. I get nice online play for FREE, DivX officially supported, 60GB, Blu-Ray, Great exclusives coming this year, great additional enetertainment addons like PlayTV, HOME, Trophys etc. The beauty of recording TV programs onto my HDD (thats easily upgradeable to 1TB) with my PSP from another country is sweet aswell.The power of the cell is unseen and slowly, you dudes will see how the PS3WNS the X360.

That is probably the most fanboyish statement I have seen regarding the console war on these forums
UM the PS3 and 360 are pretty much the same size apart from the 360's psu, the psu has a loading tray, much better than the dodgy front loader of the PS3

And heres the kicker its a great GAMING system, I like many dont care about movies on my hard drive, acting like a pre teen showing off my badly made character design.

And are you god and did you personally design the PS3? as you claim the PS3 has better processors but how do you know? apart from rumours that you have heard.

And so on

natversion1;2103536

PS3 just steals ideas from everyone else, like the Wii remote for one … PS3 just steals ideas from everyone else, like the Wii remote for one thing. Xbox live continues to evolve and it's obvious it bugs PS3 owners because they continue to moan about Xbox with that hint of Jealousy in their posts.

Because the Wii-mote is an unheard of invention? That stuff has been done before.

ive never understood what it was about the achievements, when i got a 360 i asked a mate about it - whats that thing all about , does it unlock something or give you some kind of credit? nope - its just pointless. i dont understand why anyone would give a damn about them
in game xmb or whatever its called would be good though, as would playing music whilst playing it.

The PS3 is lost on me.

Its meant to be a games console but instead you have to install certain games?

Seems to me Sony got cocky, and fell back to third place.

The 360 has more going on in the gaming side of things, whereas the ps3 is more for multimedia.

If anything the PS3 was rushed to market, if they had waited they could have got a faster blue ray drive as that is why i think that you need to install some games.

Achievments also make the game last longer for certain people.

You dont need to do achievements though. If your not keen on getting them all like me then dont bother.

matt3454;2107527

If anything the PS3 was rushed to market, if they had waited they could … If anything the PS3 was rushed to market, if they had waited they could have got a faster blue ray drive as that is why i think that you need to install some games.

Good point,If they had waited they would of had a more selection of games. Instead of showing off Killzone 2 like it was going to be a launch title and where is it now. Release date = 2009.

If they released it with all the stuff they say is coming soon, like home , i think it would of sold more.
They also loose money on every console sold ]http//bl…tml

Why do ps3 owners say that its rubbish using a battery pack, if anything its better. As most people know over time battery's go duff. So eventfully ps3 owners will have to replace the controller, instead of a £5 battery pack

As for "Eat that MS". What are you on about, if they had it in the ps3 from the start fair enough, but as they are only just putting it in, more like Eat that PS3.

Does any one remember this quote "Now, rumble I think was the last generation feature; it's not the next-generation feature", must of been embarassing to then release a Last Gen Dualshock 3 controller for the next gen PS3 console. Sony eat your words
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …258867
    2. How dangerous is Donald trump?35229
    3. Oh deer.. looks like they are back sooner this year.2850
    4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread416714127

See more discussions