Groups

Playstation 'Chipping' ?

Can anyone advise me where I can get 2 playstations chipped. 1 is the original Playstation and the other is the smaller Playstation one.

18 Comments

have you looked at the swap magic tool, or the network Adaptor?

I personnley use the Swap magic tool, works well for my needs

Around the North West there's a place called Bowlers, in Trafford Park, Near Trafford Center, but I think you're going to find it hard to get PS1's done just by turning up, as these consoles are so old now and most guys that do the chipping haven't done them in years. You may be lucky though.

Good Luck :thumbsup:

You can get files to put on a memory card and it makes it play "back ups".

I think some were for sale all ready made on ebay, maybe someone could find one as i cant remember what they are called.

Original Poster

andrpro;5568012

have you looked at the swap magic tool, or the network Adaptor?I … have you looked at the swap magic tool, or the network Adaptor?I personnley use the Swap magic tool, works well for my needs

Thanks for your pointers, I'm just googling for the Swap magic tool but can only find a version for the PS2, is it also available for the original PS1

Original Poster

stefor;5568024

Around the North West there's a place called Bowlers, in Trafford Park, … Around the North West there's a place called Bowlers, in Trafford Park, Near Trafford Center, but I think you're going to find it hard to get PS1's done just by turning up, as these consoles are so old now and most guys that do the chipping haven't done them in years. You may be lucky though.Good Luck :thumbsup:

Thanks Stefor, I've been there in the past (many years ago) when I lived 'up North' but we are currenty down south and would need somewhere local'ish.

Original Poster

the__mayster;5568026

You can get files to put on a memory card and it makes it play "back … You can get files to put on a memory card and it makes it play "back ups".I think some were for sale all ready made on ebay, maybe someone could find one as i cant remember what they are called.

That sounds interesting if anyone can tell me more ?

Download_Dave;5568072

]http//ww…et/

stefor;5568024

Around the North West there's a place called Bowlers, in Trafford Park, … Around the North West there's a place called Bowlers, in Trafford Park, Near Trafford Center, but I think you're going to find it hard to get PS1's done just by turning up, as these consoles are so old now and most guys that do the chipping haven't done them in years. You may be lucky though.Good Luck :thumbsup:

Bowlers still going, dodgey people in there but some good bargains.

Download_Dave;5568072

Sorry, were you on about a ps1 or ps2?

Banned

is all i need for a ps2 a swap magic disc and tool?

Original Poster

the__mayster;5568150

Sorry, were you on about a ps1 or ps2?

They are both PS1's but one is the PSOne IE smaller version of the PS1, not playstation 2's

Download_Dave;5568181

They are both PS1's but one is the PSOne IE smaller version of the PS1, … They are both PS1's but one is the PSOne IE smaller version of the PS1, not playstation 2's

Ignore me then!

Original Poster

tightasagnatschu;5568124

]http://www.game-enhancer.ukf.net/

That looks a possibility. :thumbsup:

I also found this...modchipstore.com/ps1…tml

Anyone use this ?

Original Poster

the__mayster;5568195

Ignore me then!

No Problem. Thanks for trying :thumbsup:

Banned

the__mayster;5568195

Ignore me then!

im intrested if anyone can find this

When you get the ps2 modded it'll play back up ps 1 games so would'nt bother getting ps1 modded .

yvonne1174;5568157

is all i need for a ps2 a swap magic disc and tool?

yea thats all thats needed - sorry to the op i thought it was for PS2.

you put the boot up disk in, eject the try with the tool put in your backup game and all runs fine

1.)Put some tape on the lid sensor button in the PlayStation so you can load the game with the lid open.
    2.)Put in ANY normal black PlayStation disc and then turn your console on.
    3.)The game will speed up for a few seconds, then it will slow down, when it slows down switch the burnt disc for the normal disc, you must do this fast and carefully.
    4.)The burnt disc will start to speed up for a couple seconds, it will slow down for about a second and speed back up for another couple of seconds, it will slow down for a 2nd time, your now must now switch the burnt disc for the normal one.
    5.)The normal disc will start to spin and the screen will go black, when the screen goes black you switch the burnt disk for the original disk for the last last time.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2492
      2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424514493
      3. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1624
      4. Asda having major issues with deliveries today33

See more discussions