Groups

playstation network debit card help!!!

ARRGGHHH! playstation network is driving me mad tonight...
    i was all excited about to purchase the death magnetic album download for guitar hero, got to checkout and realised that i had a new debit card since my last purchase. i deleted my old debit card information and put the new one in and it keeps saying it's invalid even thought all the details are correct (checked it and re checked it) now it's blocked me from trying to enter my details again. i have money in my account and my card worked fine this morning so why wont it accept it??!!!
    any advice would be greatly appreciated! i don't really want to wait till the new codes come on sale

8 Comments

have you got the verified by visa thing that might be why, if it's a new card and not verified

Original Poster

Angelstar;6208058

have you got the verified by visa thing that might be why, if it's a new … have you got the verified by visa thing that might be why, if it's a new card and not verified

what'sverfied by visa?
    i dont' understand it because i've been using my new one for over a month without any problems

missp27;6208305

what'sverfied by visa?i dont' understand it because i've been using my … what'sverfied by visa?i dont' understand it because i've been using my new one for over a month without any problems

if you shop online you go through a verify by visa section (with certain banks), it's an extra security question, so if someone nicks your card and tries using it online unless the know your veryfiy by visa password, they can't buy anything xxx
    sites like tesco and play.com use verify by visa

Original Poster

Angelstar;6208329

if you shop online you go through a verify by visa section (with certain … if you shop online you go through a verify by visa section (with certain banks), it's an extra security question, so if someone nicks your card and tries using it online unless the know your veryfiy by visa password, they can't buy anything xxxsites like tesco and play.com use verify by visa

thanks
    playstation network only ask you for your card number, name, expiry date, security code and address though, i'm completely stumped why there not taking it

missp27;6208353

thanks :)playstation network only ask you for your card number, name, … thanks :)playstation network only ask you for your card number, name, expiry date, security code and address though, i'm completely stumped why there not taking it

only other suggestion is to ring them or the bank to find out why, sorry i couldn't be of more help xxx :thumbsup:

Did you do this through the "billing information" on the PS3? sometimes have found that a bit buggy too.

Best way is to go to uk.playstation.com sign in and change your billing info in there.. had to do it for my bro the other day too.

Original Poster

trying to pay via the playstation network ended up blocking my debit card took me an hour on the phone to the bank unblocking it, tried it again last night and it worked first time
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Find out how good your GP surgery is11
      2. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio710
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764220
      4. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1625

See more discussions