Found 6th Mar
Hi all,

Please could someone let me know what options I have to play my PS4 in different rooms in my house?

I have looked at the playstation now app and have seen that some smart tvs can accommodate this (not mine unfortunately), but can I use either a chromecast, firestick or now tv box to do this?

I have also seen the official USB stick, but it looks like that is just for pc use, is that correct?

I have seen the playstation tv option, but it does not seem widely available, has this be discontinued? I can get it from Amazon, but it looks like it is overpriced.

Thanks for your help

11 Comments

they stopped ps now support for the ps TV and vita as far as I know. if you want it just to play games in another room get another console for the other room, ps4 seems to be getting down to £100 in some cases, which would be only 10 months of ps now subscription, which is their expensive version of backwards compatibility.

If you don't mind second hand you can get a used pstv from Grainer games for a more affordable price. I haven't used mine to stream ps4, but i've read loads on forums saying it can be laggy af. graingergames.co.uk/acc…ole

remote play might be what you're looking for, so pstv is what you want.

Original Poster

shepademus

If you don't mind second hand you can get a used pstv from Grainer games … If you don't mind second hand you can get a used pstv from Grainer games for a more affordable price. I haven't used mine to stream ps4, but i've read loads on forums saying it can be laggy af. http://www.graingergames.co.uk/accessories/ps4/g33792-playstation-tv-console

That's great, thanks

Remote play. If you have a laptop/PC with Windows 10, download and configure the app. Plug a controller into the laptop using a USB and off you go. If the laptop has HDMI out you can hook it up to a bigger screen.

Original Poster

Mikey_b

Remote play. If you have a laptop/PC with Windows 10, download and … Remote play. If you have a laptop/PC with Windows 10, download and configure the app. Plug a controller into the laptop using a USB and off you go. If the laptop has HDMI out you can hook it up to a bigger screen.

That's sounds good, does the laptop need a decent graphics card or is that irrelevant?cheers

I don't know as mine does have a decent card. I don't think it should matter though, as the processing is still done by the PlayStation and all the laptop is doing is playing a video. Use Ethernet cable on both for the best connection and avoid lag.

They are so cheap, better off buying one for each room. Less aggro.

This should also work if you're away from home, but I've struggled to get it to work. I think the PS4 would need to be placed in the DMZ, but I've not had the time/inclination to test further.

longback2

http://www.techradar.com/news/playstation-now-support-cut-for-ps3-and-many-more-devices

​Thanks.. I now know why it no longer works on my Samsung curve.. Was well wounded when it stopped working
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition65706
    2. Win an unbelievable Windows Mixed Reality prize pack from Windows Central! …43
    3. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines43
    4. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers44

See more discussions