PlayStation Plus Access

Found 19th Mar
We have one PS4 at home and don't have a current PS plus subscription. My son has Monster Hunter World and wants to play online.

What is the difference between my buying the subscription on my adult account through the store versus buying a code online for him to put on his child account? I can't figure out the difference between what either of us would have, or not have, access to by the two different ways of doing it.

I'm sure in the past (PS3) I had the subscription and downloaded the free games each month and all sub accounts could play them but we never did online play so I'm not sure how this differs. I have spent a fair while on Google but am still unsure, I don't want to purchase a year's subscription then find it's on the wrong account.

I'd be grateful if anyone can explain, thanks.
Community Updates
AskGaming
7 Comments
As long as your adult account has the ps4 set as primary you can share all games and ps plus from your one account with all sub accounts on the ps4.
Buy plus on adult account, put both accounts on childs system, set childs ps4 as primary for adult account and use your own ps4 as normal. He can use all the benefits as normal, only thing is you need to sign in on his to start the download which obviously signs you out. As soon as it's started then swap log to his account. Simples.
talset35 m ago

As long as your adult account has the ps4 set as primary you can share all …As long as your adult account has the ps4 set as primary you can share all games and ps plus from your one account with all sub accounts on the ps4.

Are you sure? That doesn't work for me since I upgraded to a 2tb hard drive, I assume it's a Ps4 update.
Every time I try now it says I can't have multiple users using the same PS + subscription.
Bigfootpete6 h, 45 m ago

Are you sure? That doesn't work for me since I upgraded to a 2tb hard …Are you sure? That doesn't work for me since I upgraded to a 2tb hard drive, I assume it's a Ps4 update. Every time I try now it says I can't have multiple users using the same PS + subscription.

Sounds like your old HDD is set to primary account and not the new drive.
You need to deactivate the old drive and reactivate it to the ps4 in its current state.

Ps4 home screen > settings > account management > activate as your primary ps4.
This should give an option to deactivate / activate.
@Op, I'd suggest looking on hotukdeals for a ps+ post. Some go for around £40 or less for the year. While the ps store is around £50 I believe.
I’ve been buying ps plus for all accounts on my sons ps4 but if I set his account to primary his sister can use his online too without me paying for her ps plus separate? Have I read that right?
gemmalani3 h, 43 m ago

I’ve been buying ps plus for all accounts on my sons ps4 but if I set his a …I’ve been buying ps plus for all accounts on my sons ps4 but if I set his account to primary his sister can use his online too without me paying for her ps plus separate? Have I read that right?

Yes, setting an account to primary, is like setting the account as a master account.

Everything on the master account shares access to all sub accounts on the same console.

This'll be the same for ps+ and digital games plus most dlc (some do not share).
Edited by: "kos1c" 20th Mar
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants