Playstation refund from wallet to account

Found 12th Apr
So my PSN 12 months sub, expired and I didn’t know auto renew was on, to which I was straight away charged bloody £50, I have spoken to them and have been granted a refund,

I have been waiting for the refund to appear in by bank account as that was the method of payment, and been a few days, So I figured I’ll go read the email confirmation of the refund again, and I see they have refund back into the wallet!! Not my bank account,

I have replied to the email asking it to be refunded to my account not my wallet, do you guys know if they will refund me correctly? or am I stuck with £50 in my wallet.

your guys help will be very appreciated.
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
18 Comments
From my experience trying to get a refund with sony they dont refund back to bank account only to wallet
Edited by: "Deluxe1" 12th Apr
when you have auto renew on, you would of been sent the following
A email about when it was going to be renewed example, 14 days
a email about the price if it has changed
a email again after it was done

it also states on the the site, you are sent a 24 hour warning as well about the wallet payment and renew

seems you missed a lot of info about the renewing
I would appreciate the fact that you got a refund, even if it is to your wallet
Original Poster
gatwick201813 m ago

when you have auto renew on, you would of been sent the followingA email …when you have auto renew on, you would of been sent the followingA email about when it was going to be renewed example, 14 daysa email about the price if it has changeda email again after it was doneit also states on the the site, you are sent a 24 hour warning as well about the wallet payment and renewseems you missed a lot of info about the renewing

Yes well done for pointing that out, but doesn't help me does it
Edited by: "kaaaching" 12th Apr
Original Poster
TheRatedSeller3 m ago

I would appreciate the fact that you got a refund, even if it is to your …I would appreciate the fact that you got a refund, even if it is to your wallet

yh i guess so, but money in my wallet does nothing for me, i get PSN plus 12 months for cheaper via cdkeys etc and i dont buy my games digitally because their a rip off in the store (new games). so thats money i cant touch.
kaaaching54 m ago

Yes well done for pointing that out, but doesn't help me does it …Yes well done for pointing that out, but doesn't help me does it

It teaches the lesson to take control of your life and finances and you wouldn't be in this predicament.
Edited by: "benrobertsno1" 12th Apr
kaaaching50 m ago

yh i guess so, but money in my wallet does nothing for me, i get PSN plus …yh i guess so, but money in my wallet does nothing for me, i get PSN plus 12 months for cheaper via cdkeys etc and i dont buy my games digitally because their a rip off in the store (new games). so thats money i cant touch.

Use it in the sales, you can get some great bargains. Have a look at the current sale, it’s the hottest deal of the week in the gaming section.
Cheers for reminder! I had some stacked in mine but I think they run out at end of this year better turn off auto renew - £50??? No thanks Sony.

ill look out for cheap deals to stack - or at least wait for buba or Buzz to point out good deals
I think you have to take this one on the chin and learn from it. As many older and wiser people will tell you ever never ever store a payment method in your PSN account.

For multiple reasons. One of them being this. The other being security.
To confirm what others had said above;

[ playstation.com/en-…cy/ ]

---
...Subscription Services

You can cancel your purchase of a subscription service and request a refund to your PSN Wallet within 14 days from the initial transaction date, even after you start using the subscription. The refund will be reduced pro-rata for the period during which you used it. This may show as two transactions in your account transaction history: a refund to your wallet of the full amount originally paid and then a debit of a charge for the period of the service you received.

If you take advantage of a free trial when you sign up to a service, the 14 day cancellation period will commence on the day we accept your order of the free trial and the duration of the free trial will be included in the 14 day period. For example, you sign up for a free trial which lasts 7 days and your wallet is debited for the subscription at the end of the trial, you will have 7 days after your wallet was debited to cancel.

Note: When you purchase a subscription service such as PlayStation®Plus, you agree to a rolling subscription with periodic billing (e.g. annual billing). You can stop making payments at any time by turning off [Auto-renewal] (click here for more information) but, beyond the initial 14 day cancellation period, you will not receive a refund for payments already made. When you turn off [Auto-renewal], your subscription will continue until the next payment is due, at which point it will end..
---
I'm a PS4 user too, and for me I would say get a xbox, Sony will change three ways when people are seen leaving for these reasons
i have to say thanks to the OP as i checked mine and somehow i left it on, but is not due to 2019.

When i buy my PSN, i normally do this.
Let it end. Then do the 7 day trial.
wait a week and you get a email saying extra 3 months if you renew
I get the code via cd keys for 5% and top up wallet via their site BUT you get 1% via quidco
Original Poster
whelan18915 h, 2 m ago

I'm a PS4 user too, and for me I would say get a xbox, Sony will change …I'm a PS4 user too, and for me I would say get a xbox, Sony will change three ways when people are seen leaving for these reasons

i have a xbox too, mostly game on the xbox.
Original Poster
@Deluxe1@gatwick2018@TheRatedSeller@benrobertsno1@marrowcat@joanddan7@MSK.@fanpages@whelan189

Ok first of all, i don't know why some of youse just assumed i'm sort of child and irresponsible, i mostly check my work email as i need to constantly, and my personal email and an different email i used, which is my playstation email, which i use for asos, boohoo and a load of other things, which gets a butt load of news, promos etc etc emails.

but yes one should be one top of things but hey everyones human, and as @gatwick2018 said, he also forgot to turn the option off upon checking now, so the same could happen to anyone.

but i am happy to say they have refunded me, into my account as a one time good will gesture, but thanks to everyone for the advice on, not keeping account details saved, turning automatic wallet top up off etc etc.
kaaaching34 m ago

@Deluxe1 @gatwick2018 @TheRatedSeller @benrobertsno1 @marrowcat @joanddan7 …@Deluxe1 @gatwick2018 @TheRatedSeller @benrobertsno1 @marrowcat @joanddan7 @MSK. @fanpages @whelan189 Ok first of all, i don't know why some of youse just assumed i'm sort of child and irresponsible, i mostly check my work email as i need to constantly, and my personal email and an different email i used, which is my playstation email, which i use for asos, boohoo and a load of other things, which gets a butt load of news, promos etc etc emails. but yes one should be one top of things but hey everyones human, and as @gatwick2018 said, he also forgot to turn the option off upon checking now, so the same could happen to anyone.but i am happy to say they have refunded me, into my account as a one time good will gesture, but thanks to everyone for the advice on, not keeping account details saved, turning automatic wallet top up off etc etc.

I wasn’t having a pop at all mate... same thing would have happened to me in December so I was thankful of the reminder even if that wasn’t your intent - it helped me.
kaaaching4 h, 36 m ago

@Deluxe1 @gatwick2018 @TheRatedSeller @benrobertsno1 @marrowcat @joanddan7 …@Deluxe1 @gatwick2018 @TheRatedSeller @benrobertsno1 @marrowcat @joanddan7 @MSK. @fanpages @whelan189 Ok first of all, i don't know why some of youse just assumed i'm sort of child and irresponsible, i mostly check my work email as i need to constantly, and my personal email and an different email i used, which is my playstation email, which i use for asos, boohoo and a load of other things, which gets a butt load of news, promos etc etc emails. but yes one should be one top of things but hey everyones human, and as @gatwick2018 said, he also forgot to turn the option off upon checking now, so the same could happen to anyone.but i am happy to say they have refunded me, into my account as a one time good will gesture, but thanks to everyone for the advice on, not keeping account details saved, turning automatic wallet top up off etc etc.

Jog on
This illustrates how crap Sony's site is. The option to cancel a subscription should be more prominent and quicker to access.
kaaaching13th Apr

I certainly wasn't implying your irresponsible or a child come to think of it no one here was, merely sharing my own experience having had this happen to me before!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants