PlayStation Tataku Collection ( Toys/Figures) Wave 1: March 2018

Found 21st JanEdited by:"ocelot20"

Thought I would share this with everyone.
theplaystationbrahs.com/201…os/

They don't have any function like amiibo's. Ill be updating this with more info of these as soon as I find any news.

At the moment the only place to pre order them in the UK at this time is GAME.co.uk and Forbidden Planet. More places will hopefully be stocking these in the coming weeks.

Interview with ThinkGeek (via BlastProcess)

Apparently their will be 30 - 40 Totaku figures for 2018. You can visit mytotaku.com/ right now for a bit more detail of each figure. Eventually upon release you can log in and keep a list of the Totaku figures you own.

Pre order them from the following retailers:

GAME.co.uk £12:99 each

Forbidden Planet £13:49 each (excluding delivery charge)

UPDATE 28th/1/2018: More figures leaked by Gamestop?

2880815.jpg

UPDATE 2nd/2/2018: Found a decent picture of some of the Totaku figures up close.

2880815.jpg

UPDATE: 5th/2/2018: Pictures of Arteus ( God of War ) have been released.

2880815.jpg

2880815.jpg

Available to pre-order @ GAME for £12.99 releasing in April.

UPDATE: 13th/2/18 More characters including Sonic revealed and Gold Hoarder from Sea Of Thieves.

2880815.jpg

Evan (Ni No Kuni 2 - March 2018)
Gold Hoarder ( Sea Of Thieves - March 2018)
Sonic - (April 2018)
Jin Kazama (Tekken - April 2018)

2880815-mglPX.jpg
God of War Norse God Edition (Game + Figure)
Community Updates
155 Comments
Look forward to having them on my shelf Just a shame I have to buy them from GAME
"sort off"

Really?
Get your act together Sony, are we gonna get a Playstation Classic Mini or not!!??? (boy are they ever slow to catch on )
jco831 h, 2 m ago

Get your act together Sony, are we gonna get a Playstation Classic Mini or …Get your act together Sony, are we gonna get a Playstation Classic Mini or not!!??? (boy are they ever slow to catch on )

They already did that, in the year 2000:

en.wikipedia.org/wik…els
They finally got there then! At this rate they will have a portable home console with modern tech detachable controllers out by say 2028.
MSK.9 h, 24 m ago

They already did that, in the year …They already did that, in the year 2000:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_models#PS_one

Its not that small i have one somewhere.
jco8312 h, 5 m ago

Get your act together Sony, are we gonna get a Playstation Classic Mini or …Get your act together Sony, are we gonna get a Playstation Classic Mini or not!!??? (boy are they ever slow to catch on )

MSK.11 h, 3 m ago

They already did that, in the year …They already did that, in the year 2000:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_models#PS_one

Segata-Sanshiro1 h, 38 m ago

To be fair, it has to be at least the size of a CD drive & associated ports to connect elsewhere.

I still have two PSone machines, & an external screen for each of them.

I stopped using them as soon as original PlayStation titles could be played on an Sony Xperia PLAY telephone or a Sony VAIO laptop.
fanpages1 h, 21 m ago

To be fair, it has to be at least the size of a CD drive & associated …To be fair, it has to be at least the size of a CD drive & associated ports to connect elsewhere.I still have two PSone machines, & an external screen for each of them.I stopped using them as soon as original PlayStation titles could be played on an Sony Xperia PLAY telephone or a Sony VAIO laptop.

Modded psp
fanpages3 h, 3 m ago

To be fair, it has to be at least the size of a CD drive & associated …To be fair, it has to be at least the size of a CD drive & associated ports to connect elsewhere.I still have two PSone machines, & an external screen for each of them.I stopped using them as soon as original PlayStation titles could be played on an Sony Xperia PLAY telephone or a Sony VAIO laptop.

I have an Xperia Play too
Segata-Sanshiro4 h, 52 m ago

Poor PlayStation. I bet it feels really left out and neglected compared to your Nintendo consoles.

fanpages3 h, 13 m ago

True. But it's only very marginally deeper than a CD, from what I remember.

Did you re-buy all your games then?
Edited by: "MSK." 21st Jan
jco836 h, 30 m ago

I have an Xperia Play too

I lost mine... well, actually it was stolen. I got off a commuter coach, & realised I left it behind. Fifteen minutes (& two stops) later, when the coach was back at the depot, somebody had taken the handset.

It was always a pain with the ridiculously small amount of on-board RAM anyway.

In the long run they probably did me a favour.

[EDIT]: It wasn't @jco83 [/EDIT]
Edited by: "fanpages" 21st Jan
MSK.16 m ago

Poor PlayStation. I bet it feels really left out and neglected compared …Poor PlayStation. I bet it feels really left out and neglected compared to your Nintendo consoles.True. But it's only very marginally deeper than a CD, from what I remember.Did you re-buy all your games then?

It's not *that* thin

All relative; I suppose.

33108226-KzMvn.jpg

33108226-2OdLB.jpg

I have quite a few of the original PlayStation models too...

33108226-9elYJ.jpg
My first (the one with all the ports at the bottom of the stack) was a competition prize!

No, I didn't re-buy any PlayStation games.

I rarely do that, as I still have all my consoles. If ever I feel the need to play an older title, I just use the console is was intended to play on.
fanpages4 m ago

It's not *that* thin All relative; I suppose.[Image] [Image] I have …It's not *that* thin All relative; I suppose.[Image] [Image] I have quite a few of the original PlayStation models too...[Image] My first (the one with all the ports at the bottom of the stack) was a competition prize!No, I didn't re-buy any PlayStation games.I rarely do that, as I still have all my consoles. If ever I feel the need to play an older title, I just use the console is was intended to play on.

Front to back (depth) it isn't much deeper than a CD. Maybe a little wider for the hinge.

Doesn't sound like the laptop or the phone was much of a replacement then. More that you just stopped playing older/certain titles.
MSK.27 m ago

Front to back (depth) it isn't much deeper than a CD. Maybe a little …Front to back (depth) it isn't much deeper than a CD. Maybe a little wider for the hinge.Doesn't sound like the laptop or the phone was much of a replacement then. More that you just stopped playing older/certain titles.

Yes, true...

33108393-PiXOE.jpg
There was less 'wasted' space around the CD in the PSone.

33108393-QZZaU.jpg

Both the Xperia PLAY & the supported (with installed software) Sony VAIO laptops (& some later Sony tablets) could only play a selection of ported titles.

The PLAY handset, for instance, had a very limited selection of games available from the official store.

Remote Play (streaming games wirelessly instead of local emulations of pre-installed titles) made a bigger impact.
yay for plastic tat
fanpages2 h, 43 m ago

I lost mine... well, actually it was stolen. I got off a commuter coach, …I lost mine... well, actually it was stolen. I got off a commuter coach, & realised I left it behind. Fifteen minutes (& two stops) later, when the coach was back at depot, somebody had taken the handset.It was always a pain with the ridiculously small amount of on-board RAM anyway.In the long run they probably did me a favour.

It wasn't me Although I did get mine through Gumtree I think it was, a few years ago.
Yeh very low internal storage. I followed an online guide to use MicroSD as internal storage in effect. I think it was by using the Link2SD app ¿ (can't quite remember).
I enjoyed playing emulated games on it for some time. Haven't picked it up for a while now.
Too thick to use it as everyday phone for me. But great device
fanpages6 h, 34 m ago

I lost mine... well, actually it was stolen. I got off a commuter coach, …I lost mine... well, actually it was stolen. I got off a commuter coach, & realised I left it behind. Fifteen minutes (& two stops) later, when the coach was back at the depot, somebody had taken the handset.It was always a pain with the ridiculously small amount of on-board RAM anyway.In the long run they probably did me a favour.[EDIT]: It wasn't @jco83 [/EDIT]

Are you definitely sure!??
jco8334 m ago

Are you definitely sure!??

If you'd known about the handset's shortcomings, then you would probably have left it alone.

You did remind me, however, how much it hurt my hands holding it for over an hour. It was just the wrong size/shape to use for any prolonged period.

With a bit more thought about the design, more onboard RAM &, perhaps, being released before Android/iPhone gaming had taken off, it would have been a great mobile handset.

Pity.
fanpages22nd Jan

If you'd known about the handset's shortcomings, then you would probably …If you'd known about the handset's shortcomings, then you would probably have left it alone.You did remind me, however, how much it hurt my hands holding it for over an hour. It was just the wrong size/shape to use for any prolonged period.With a bit more thought about the design, more onboard RAM &, perhaps, being released before Android/iPhone gaming had taken off, it would have been a great mobile handset.Pity.

Yes it wasn't overly comfortable
GameStop Ireland have pre orders for some of them for 15 euro. gamestop.ie/Sea…aku

I expect them to be around £9.99 in the UK then.

Anyone else think amiibos/totaku etc. are just tat?
copperspock8 m ago

Anyone else think amiibos/totaku etc. are just tat?

One man's trash is another man's treasure, I suppose.

For example, I would never buy any of the stuff in this video, but it's an impression collection:

fanpages1 h, 17 m ago

One man's trash is another man's treasure, I suppose.For example, I would …One man's trash is another man's treasure, I suppose.For example, I would never buy any of the stuff in this video, but it's an impression collection:[Video]

Wow.
Aye true, I just don't see the appeal.
If you fancy anything new PlayStation-related ( @MSK ), do these tick (swoosh) any (shoe)boxes?...

[EDIT]

Oh, I see I am late to the party:

[ hotukdeals.com/com…051 ]

[/EDIT]

[EDIT #2]

...but not as late as this guy:

[ hotukdeals.com/dis…428 ]

[/EDIT #2]
Edited by: "fanpages" 22nd Jan
The guy (Nightwing2303) in this video reviewing the Nike PG2 needs to get out more!

[ twitter.com/Nig…809 ]
noahsdad21st Jan

They finally got there then! At this rate they will have a portable home …They finally got there then! At this rate they will have a portable home console with modern tech detachable controllers out by say 2028.

Nintendo weren’t the first to create figurines. They weren’t even the first to create a portable home console.

33112235-kFOAa.jpg

33112235-160AF.jpg
I
fanpages3 h, 0 m ago

If you fancy anything new PlayStation-related ( @MSK ), do these tick …If you fancy anything new PlayStation-related ( @MSK ), do these tick (swoosh) any (shoe)boxes?...[Video] [EDIT]Oh, I see I am late to the party:[ https://www.hotukdeals.com/comments/permalink/33104051 ][/EDIT][EDIT #2]...but not as late as this guy:[ https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/sony-announces-playstation-trainers-2881428 ][/EDIT #2]

Not sure they'll make them in my size

33113020-JQneV.jpg
MSK.3 m ago

I Not sure they'll make them in my size [Image]

No doubt this is where the term "pussyfooting" originated.
fanpages47 m ago

No doubt this is where the term "pussyfooting" originated.

No doubt
seems like there is another figure on her way:
gamestop.ie/Loo…ive
I don't get why every article I see about these things uses the phrase "amiibo-like". No, they're not! They're figurines, which is nothing new! I'd have thought that to be considered "amiibo-like" they need to have some kind of in-game functionality
GAME now taking pre-orders.

game.co.uk/web…n=z

£15 each what a rip off. Luckily no sign of them being exclusive to GAME. So hopefully other stores will sell at a much cheaper price. Plus GAME seem to think they release next month?
ocelot204 m ago

GAME now taking …GAME now taking pre-orders.https://www.game.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/AjaxCatalogSearch?storeId=10151&catalogId=10201&langId=44&pageSize=48&beginIndex=0&sType=SimpleSearch&resultCatEntryType=2&showResultsPage=true&pageView=image&predictiveSearchURL=&searchTerm=totaku&searchBtn=z£15 each what a rip off. Luckily no sign of them being exclusive to GAME. So hopefully other stores will sell at a much cheaper price. Plus GAME seem to think they release next month?

Do you know do you have to pay upfront or pay a deposit?
ocelot2013 m ago

GAME now taking …GAME now taking pre-orders.https://www.game.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/AjaxCatalogSearch?storeId=10151&catalogId=10201&langId=44&pageSize=48&beginIndex=0&sType=SimpleSearch&resultCatEntryType=2&showResultsPage=true&pageView=image&predictiveSearchURL=&searchTerm=totaku&searchBtn=z£15 each what a rip off. Luckily no sign of them being exclusive to GAME. So hopefully other stores will sell at a much cheaper price. Plus GAME seem to think they release next month?

Not surprised in the slightest to be honest. It's going to hurt buying two of those though to be honest. They better be bigger than something you get in a kinder egg.
.Yoshi.24th Jan

Do you know do you have to pay upfront or pay a deposit?

No they don't take money until dispatch.
MSK.37 m ago

Not surprised in the slightest to be honest. It's going to hurt buying …Not surprised in the slightest to be honest. It's going to hurt buying two of those though to be honest. They better be bigger than something you get in a kinder egg.

Pre-ordered the Hunter and Crash one. I do hope the likes of Amazon and Shopto stock these as am certain they will be a few quid cheaper than GAME.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions