Playstation VR

I've been researching the PS VR and wondered if anyone knew if it works with every game.

I know there are specific titles for immersive VR but wondered if I played any game without needing the TV on.

In short, can I sit on the sofa playing Rainbow 6 Siege using the VR as a screen while the wife watches some "bake off" drivel on the TV?

Thanks

12 Comments

I guess, I'm not sure if you'd want to play all games on the VR though. Especially for extended periods of time.

I think so as I've heard it can be used with other consoles as well. So it becomes like a personal cinema screen. But the res ain't that great

Rumour has it that it replicates a 200" screen merely 3 metres away.

Not sure how it works on the PS but I got it with my s7 on release, great for a week or so but quickly messes up your eyes when you use it for long periods, I imagine the PS one will be far more advanced though?

A friend of mine has one and he said you can use it with normal games

You can certainly use it with normal games - I've been doing just that while the TV has been in use. While the resolution certainly isn't as good as a standard HD TV, it's defintiely passable, but if the last 24 hours of use is anything to go by, regular breaks are deifnitely needed to give the eyes a break!

Original Poster

Thank you to everyone for their responses, certainly answered my question and more.
Thanks

agree with octocave, used mine with normal games, breaks recommended.

So can u use the vr and change the channel of the tv over??? I've got the psvr not opened it tho as it's for my child for Christmas tbh I have no clue what it does

Yes you can. And you can use it with any other device that has HDMI connection, such as PC's, and even Xbox Ones! (For non VR experiences that is)

davetherave00

Yes you can. And you can use it with any other device that has HDMI … Yes you can. And you can use it with any other device that has HDMI connection, such as PC's, and even Xbox Ones! (For non VR experiences that is)

​And wii U

So can u use the vr and change the channel of the tv over??? I've got the psvr not opened it tho as it's for my child for Christmas tbh I have no clue what it does. How old is your child as these are not recommended for under 13 year olds.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Amsterdam Booking.com advice22
    2. Should I Sky sports or not1311
    3. samsung gear fit 2 claim purchase from mobilephonedirect48
    4. Thinking of getting the Fire HD 822

See more discussions