Groups

Playstation WARRANTY Question

Anyone got a local/free number for my ps3?

32 Comments

[SIZE=2][SIZE=2] 01656 867400 saynoto0870.com/
    [/SIZE][/SIZE]

your ps3 already broken fella?

For UK customers only:

If you have attempted all troubleshooting and are still unable to resolve your query, you may have a non functional system. To reach us, please call the PlayStation Careline on 08705 99 88 77 (National Rate) and a member of our team will be happy to help you.

been busy for bloody ages,

Original Poster

Thanks guys, here's the thing I got the console from ebay never registered its about a year old or something but I heard because it's not registered I can still get 1 year?

IS that true?

Original Poster

Anyone help me?

my ps3 was 2 years old and i got it replaced. just call and say u got it around new years or Christmas.

Met-Cast;5899205

Thanks guys, here's the thing I got the console from ebay never … Thanks guys, here's the thing I got the console from ebay never registered its about a year old or something but I heard because it's not registered I can still get 1 year?IS that true?

No it's not true.

Original Poster

ALICOM007;5899382

my ps3 was 2 years old and i got it replaced. just call and say u got it … my ps3 was 2 years old and i got it replaced. just call and say u got it around new years or Christmas.

What model is it mate? I just want the controller replaced?

massmail666;5899543

if its a 60gb or 40gb they most likely wont fix it.

40gb.

[COLOR="Red"]Maybe you should tell them that you got it for Christmas so you have no receipt?[/COLOR]

Original Poster

The JFK;5899648

[COLOR="Red"]Maybe you should tell them that you got it for Christmas so … [COLOR="Red"]Maybe you should tell them that you got it for Christmas so you have no receipt?[/COLOR]

Can't they tell from the serial number?

Met-Cast;5899656

Can't they tell from the serial number?

[COLOR="Red"]
    Don't think so. The console could have been sitting in the shop for ages etc so I don't think the serial number would be any use to them in finding out when the console was bought.[/COLOR]

Original Poster

The JFK;5899677

[COLOR="Red"]Don't think so. The console could have been sitting in the … [COLOR="Red"]Don't think so. The console could have been sitting in the shop for ages etc so I don't think the serial number would be any use to them in finding out when the console was bought.[/COLOR]

Manufacture date?

Met-Cast;5899691

Manufacture date?

[COLOR="Red"]Yeah but that doesn't tell them when you bought it.[/COLOR]

Original Poster

The JFK;5899701

[COLOR="Red"]Yeah but that doesn't tell them when you bought it.[/COLOR]

So why do microsoft use the mfr date method?

oh if its just the controller then dont worry they will replace it. just make yourself look like u dont know when u bought it but keep saying u got it for Christmas.

Met-Cast;5899726

So why do microsoft use the mfr date method?

That tells them that all consoles up to a certain date are covered by warranty.

If you had an Xbox that had a manufactured date of 1st Jan 2006, and they covered it for 3 years, they would cover it to the 31st Dec 2008.

If you bought it on the 30th Dec 2008, it would be covered by Microsoft for 1 day, not 3 years.

Dates used for illustration purposes.

Original Poster

ALICOM007;5899744

oh if its just the controller then dont worry they will replace it. just … oh if its just the controller then dont worry they will replace it. just make yourself look like u dont know when u bought it but keep saying u got it for Christmas.

What's the procedure of replacing it mate? :thumbsup:

Original Poster

thesaint;5899750

That tells them that all consoles up to a certain date are covered by … That tells them that all consoles up to a certain date are covered by warranty.If you had an Xbox that had a manufactured date of 1st Jan 2006, and they covered it for 3 years, they would cover it to the 31st Dec 2008.If you bought it on the 30th Dec 2008, it would be covered by Microsoft for 1 day, not 3 years.Dates used for illustration purposes.

That would suck then wouldn't it?

Thanks guys repped!

Met-Cast;5899752

What's the procedure of replacing it mate? :thumbsup:

they send u a email with a reference number and address. you send it of to them and they send you a new one back. i got my one within 4 days of sending it of to them.

Original Poster

ALICOM007;5899784

they send u a email with a reference number and address. you send it of … they send u a email with a reference number and address. you send it of to them and they send you a new one back. i got my one within 4 days of sending it of to them.

Wow speedyy!!

Thanks alot mate made my day :-D.

Stupid ebayer stated excellent condition and sent it with a controller that sticks everything you press.

Also are the customer support open on saturdays?

Original Poster

massmail666;5899903

oh by the wayxbox 360 = 100% failure rate!just thought i should mention … oh by the wayxbox 360 = 100% failure rate!just thought i should mention that in a ps3 thread

Lol I got a broken one right now! and one I bought for £30 from a mate manufacture date feb 2009 with 2 controllers

Original Poster

He told me to find a proof of purchase otherwise he couldn't and gave me a ref what should I do?

Original Poster

Bump!

say it was a gift from your long lost uncles, wifes brother in laws mother

Original Poster

muffin247;5922559

say it was a gift from your long lost uncles, wifes brother in laws mother

lol good but wouldn't that make it my long lost grandma?

thesaint;5899750

That tells them that all consoles up to a certain date are covered by … That tells them that all consoles up to a certain date are covered by warranty.If you had an Xbox that had a manufactured date of 1st Jan 2006, and they covered it for 3 years, they would cover it to the 31st Dec 2008.If you bought it on the 30th Dec 2008, it would be covered by Microsoft for 1 day, not 3 years.Dates used for illustration purposes.

Except they cover you from date of purchase, not manufacture.

Met-Cast;5922581

lol good but wouldn't that make it my long lost grandma?

dont have a clue, but it should work! if not say well im never buying sony again

Original Poster

massmail666;5922585

this is the result of people taking advantage by buying off ebay and … this is the result of people taking advantage by buying off ebay and getting a free repair from sony! spoils it for the rest of us.just keep trying mate, say somthing like it was a present or u cant find it but u defo bought it on 12/11/08 coz that was ur bro's birthday or somthing. worth a go eh?P.S. it does help if u know someone that works for sony :whistling:

:-( same with the continuous play, Yeh i'll try that thanks, I don't know anyone from sony do you?

deathtrap3000;5922591

Except they cover you from date of purchase, not manufacture.

Microsoft cover from MFR Date.

muffin247;5922644

dont have a clue, but it should work! if not say well im never buying … dont have a clue, but it should work! if not say well im never buying sony again

Met-Cast;5922666

Microsoft cover from MFR Date.

Again its from date of purchase not manufacture.

thesaint;5899750

No, i had a console which was 2 years past MFR and i registered, and M$ are told when a console get sold. The 3 years started from date of reciept.

Serial Number are recorded by M$ and works from date of purchase. if in any problems, all they ask for is some kind of reciept

deathtrap3000;5922680

Again its from date of purchase not manufacture.

This guy is correct

When i (finally) got through to playstation they told me i needed to find my receipt and fax it to them quoting my reference number, then a supervisor will ring me within 2 days. Met-cast, maybe you could ask someone else for their invoice/receipt for you to use and if they say anything about the address/name then you could say they bought you if for christmas/birthday?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …86148
      2. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)2226
      3. ** Motorola Moto X Force | Owners Club **32204
      4. Follow the Three Word Game!!!44624043

See more discussions