Groups

plea for advice - unlocking SE W850i on ORANGE

My friends (outside UK) w850i's LCD was broken. It has been repaired but the technician reflashed the phone hence it got locked to orange again. Now they cant unlock it.

I've tried to googled if he can unlock w850i orange by himself but come out with mixed result.
    Some says it has to be unlocked by cable.
    Others, like this website foneszone.co.uk/for…php claims it can be unlocked WITHOUT cable for £29.99

Mobile phone experts here, please advice which one is correct before I do something stupid (i.e. giving away £30 for something that cant be done).
    Or, can I get the code from orange instead? (i know vodafone w850 can be unlocked without cable)

10 Comments

Banned

Why did the technician reflash the phone ?

Doesn't seem like standard practice to me

how about taking to a shop/market stall and see how much they'll charge you to unlock it? gotta be cheaper than the £30 cable?

Original Poster

well.. i dont know really.
    But my friend told me that the phone is dead for a while, on for a short time and then the LCD went wrong.

Original Poster

umanga;2252498

how about taking to a shop/market stall and see how much they'll charge … how about taking to a shop/market stall and see how much they'll charge you to unlock it? gotta be cheaper than the £30 cable?

oh yes... sorry i forgot to mention that the phone is still abroad (he sent it for his daughter)

Original Poster

aarond74;2252694

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/phones/unlock-mobile-phonehave a look at … http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/phones/unlock-mobile-phonehave a look at this and let us know how you get on.

thank Aaron, i visited the before i posted here.
    I've also visited here: hotukdeals.com/ite…20/
    certainly w850i can be locked using cable
    but like i say, my problem is: can it be done without cable i.e. just entering the unlock code? like these guys claim: foneszone.co.uk/for…php

Original Poster

thej;2252822

Will orange not give you the unlock code,think it's £20 they charge.

well i can try to ask them
    . but first i want to be sure that the phone can be unlocked without sticking cable and using complicated software! It will blow my friends head! :-p

How about looking for unlocked ones on ebay and then messaging the seller for a code?

Pretty sure only orange can give you the unlock code for this.

Plenty on here on how to unlock se but to be honest you're probably better off paying £10 at the market or somewhere to unlock it rather than risk bricking it.

Original Poster

thanks all for your thoughts. i think i suggest him take professional service
    rep added
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie911
      2. love affairs912
      3. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?817
      4. word association Game73844475
      5. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767217

See more discussions