Groups

please advise me what this problem is with my laptop.

hi all only had this laptop since xmas and it keeps clicking as if you are clicking a button say going on hukd i press to login and it will click like 4 times and it is now clicking when i am not even pressing anything like 4 clicks every 5 seconds so can you tell me what it is it is driving me crazy.

14 Comments

probably spyware

Sounds like the harddrive if it is clicking even if you are not doing anything, but is the sound coming from the speakers or the laptop itself?

Edit:
    I wonder if your browser is just stopping popups.

yeah run adaware, spybot and a full virus scan. google the first two and download the software and run it (update the software first)

Go to control panel, select 'sounds and audio devices', click on the 'sounds' tab, scroll down the window until you get to 'explorer'. Click on 'complete navigation' and change the sound to 'None'

Banned

try copying a lot of small files to another folder. if it clicks a lot then it is your HDD

Original Poster

Jeezeypeeps;4005697

Go to control panel, select 'sounds and audio devices', click on the … Go to control panel, select 'sounds and audio devices', click on the 'sounds' tab, scroll down the window until you get to 'explorer'. Click on 'complete navigation' and change the sound to 'None'

its ok to have no sound but that still doesnt sort the problem. will have to get the oh to take a look at this later i am not well up on computers. i have a virus check and a spyware i have just updated both but the clicking continues.

greyparrot;4005757

its ok to have no sound but that still doesnt sort the problem. will have … its ok to have no sound but that still doesnt sort the problem. will have to get the oh to take a look at this later i am not well up on computers. i have a virus check and a spyware i have just updated both but the clicking continues.

If it is not actual sound coming from speakers, then it is not software / virus / spyware related. Try what csiman suggest to see if it is the harddrive.

greyparrot;4005757

its ok to have no sound but that still doesnt sort the problem. will have … its ok to have no sound but that still doesnt sort the problem. will have to get the oh to take a look at this later i am not well up on computers. i have a virus check and a spyware i have just updated both but the clicking continues.

You do know its not actually a problem. Its just you getting annoyed with it.

Original Poster

deathtrap3000;4005811

You do know its not actually a problem. Its just you getting annoyed with … You do know its not actually a problem. Its just you getting annoyed with it.

see i told you i didnt know much all i know is my old laptop never did it and this new one is lol.it is sending me mental.

Do you only get this sound when surfing the net?

Could it be an ID10T Error?

greyparrot;4005830

see i told you i didnt know much all i know is my old laptop never did it … see i told you i didnt know much all i know is my old laptop never did it and this new one is lol.it is sending me mental.

lol
    it happens to me when I open internet explorer. click click click as all the bits load up.

deathtrap3000;4005886

lolit happens to me when I open internet explorer. click click click as … lolit happens to me when I open internet explorer. click click click as all the bits load up.

If you follow the instruction I posted earlier, the clicking sound will go away :whistling:

Jeezeypeeps;4007620

If you follow the instruction I posted earlier, the clicking sound will … If you follow the instruction I posted earlier, the clicking sound will go away :whistling:

I know how to get rid of them. I dont use ie enough to even bother.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Tv choice magazine Issue 3966
      2. Win a Free minion usb stick22
      3. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains66
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2020

See more discussions