Groups

Please can anyone help on how to connect my PS3 to HDTV and Home Cinema System?!! Thanks!!

Just bought a ps3 and need to connect it up to my home cinema system. I have the ps3 connected to my hdtv at the moment but it only has 1 hdmi slot so cant connect it directly to the home cinema system aswell.I currently have only one hdmi cable but think i will need to get another but wanted to wait until i know what to do with it. Any help would be very appreciated!
    HDTV - 6 hdmi slots
    HOME CINEMA SYSTEM - 1 hdmi slot
    PS3 - 1 hdmi slot
    ALSO: Im not too good when it comes to electrical terms so if you could make your comments as easily understandable as possible it would be a great help!!
    Thankyou!!

8 Comments

you need the optical cable.. connect this from your ps3 to the cinema system ( check if you system takes optical cables first)
    and connect your ps3 to TV via hdmi.

the cable looks like this: ]http//ww…245

just use an optical cable between the ps3 and cinema system for sound:thumbsup:

EDIT: OH, beaten to it!

have you got an optical cable input on yr home cinema system as the hdmi will do the picture on yr tv and the opitcal cable from your ps3 to the home cinema system will do the sound which is how i have mine set up

Banned

or better still, if your tv has an optical 5:1 output then connect ps3 to tv via hdmi and tv to home cinema via optical.

Original Poster

cheers..can i not do: TV to Home cinema system via hdmi cable and then connect my home cinema to my ps3 via another hdmi cable? thanks again

Original Poster

no but i can get one no probs...can i not use a hdmi cable or does it have to be optical? not really a big problem just that my friend has a spare hdmi cable so would be easier if i could use that.

Banned

manchesterjim;3957891

cheers..can i not do: TV to Home cinema system via hdmi cable and then … cheers..can i not do: TV to Home cinema system via hdmi cable and then connect my home cinema to my ps3 via another hdmi cable? thanks again

how? Your cinema system only has 1 hdmi slot.

Original Poster

lol just ignore me. Spent way too much time under the TV stand today
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846213
      2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)49394
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?31156
      4. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism35

See more discussions