Please can shoe-shoppers help me find a nice pair of Mary Janes/Court shoes?

Found 17th AprEdited by:"squiff"
Hi again,

I'm trying in vain to find a pair of Mary Janes that I like. They MUST be black, have a low or flat heel and MUST have a strap across the top of the foot. I'm in my 30s so I don't like styles aimed at older people or young children. I'm a ladies size 8. Patent would be a bonus but not necessary. Budget upto £45.

I've tried Next, Dorothy Perkins, Amazon, eBay, Topshop, Clarks, Debenhams and New Look.

Many, many thanks in advance for anyone who has time to look and share links or photos. Thank you.

This is roughly the kind of thing I'm after but this height of heel would be a maximum pavers.co.uk/col…735
Community Updates
Ask
15 Comments
Something like this?
Or, same site, these look cute!
Edited by: "chuckiedoll" 17th Apr
chuckiedoll8 m ago

Something like this?

Yes, those are lovely but the heel is too high unfortunately. Thank you for taking the time to look, Chuckiedoll.
Edited by: "squiff" 17th Apr
squiff1 m ago

Yes, those are lovely but the heel is too high unfortunately. Thank for …Yes, those are lovely but the heel is too high unfortunately. Thank for for taking the time to look, Chuckiedoll.

Awww, just added another pair above but the heel seems higher
chuckiedoll2 m ago

Awww, just added another pair above but the heel seems higher

It does. I have two problems - firstly I had surgery on my ankle ten years ago and can no longer wear heels, and secondly I've been in hospital for four months, during which time I lost the ability to move and had to learn to walk again, so I'm not steady enough on my feet for heels anyway. I do love that first pair though!
Lower here
chuckiedoll18 h, 9 m ago

Lower here

Thanks Chuckiedoll. Those are really nice - I've bookmarked them.
cecilmcroberts11 h, 22 m ago

Kickers MJ Flats The Kickers might be abit too school shoes look. Aisun …Kickers MJ Flats The Kickers might be abit too school shoes look. Aisun MJ'sAmazon.de search (they have a bigger selection than .co.uk site)

Thanks for the three links Cecil! The first pair are a bit too school-like. The Aisun MJs have two straps, which I'd find too fiddly, but they are nice. Thanks for the third link too - I was hoping for a pair this week or next but I'll have a look on the Amazon.de site and see what I can find. Thanks again
Edited by: "squiff" 18th Apr
squiff10 h, 52 m ago

Thanks for the three links Cecil! The first pair are a bit too …Thanks for the three links Cecil! The first pair are a bit too school-like. The Aisun MJs have two straps, which I'd find too fiddly, but they are nice. Thanks for the third link too - I was hoping for a pair this week or next but I'll have a look on the Amazon.de site and see what I can find. Thanks again

I'm N.Ireland and normally find anything from Amazon.de arrives here in three to four days...only 1 day longer than normal Amazon Prime for myself. Actually just had an order delivered from Amazon.com (US site) in 6 days from ordering even though they had said 3 weeks!
Try also on amazon.de Demonia Mary Jane's....rather gothic/alt styles, off course you can ignore all the platform ones they do flats also!
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 18th Apr
squiff17th Apr

It does. I have two problems - firstly I had surgery on my ankle ten years …It does. I have two problems - firstly I had surgery on my ankle ten years ago and can no longer wear heels, and secondly I've been in hospital for four months, during which time I lost the ability to move and had to learn to walk again, so I'm not steady enough on my feet for heels anyway. I do love that first pair though!

can't help you with shoes but sorry to read what you have gone through {{{{{{{{{{{{squiff}}}}}}}}}}}
chuckiedoll17th Apr

Lower here

Chuckiedoll, I ordered these last night but a closer look at the photo reveals something quite bizarre. Is there a button or other closure missing from the photos, do you think?
Edited by: "squiff" 19th Apr
cecilmcroberts20 h, 8 m ago

I'm N.Ireland and normally find anything from Amazon.de arrives here in …I'm N.Ireland and normally find anything from Amazon.de arrives here in three to four days...only 1 day longer than normal Amazon Prime for myself. Actually just had an order delivered from Amazon.com (US site) in 6 days from ordering even though they had said 3 weeks!Try also on amazon.de Demonia Mary Jane's....rather gothic/alt styles, off course you can ignore all the platform ones they do flats also!

Thanks so much Cecil. I ordered a pair that Chuckiedoll posted a link to the other day and providing I'm happy with them when they come, I shouldn't be needing a second pair. That said, I'll have a look on the other Amazon sites. Thank you for the links!
shabbird19 h, 13 m ago

can't help you with shoes but sorry to read what you have gone through …can't help you with shoes but sorry to read what you have gone through {{{{{{{{{{{{squiff}}}}}}}}}}}

Thanks Shabbird
squiff28 m ago

Chuckiedoll, I ordered these last night but a closer look at the photo …Chuckiedoll, I ordered these last night but a closer look at the photo reveals something quite bizarre. Is there a button or other closure missing from the photos, do you think?

Hmmm, I see what you mean. Bit of an odd closure there.
chuckiedoll10 m ago

Hmmm, I see what you mean. Bit of an odd closure there.

Not just me then!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants