Please can somebody explain to me how Checkout Smart works?

Found 28th Feb
I'm pretty technophobic but have a smartphone. Many thanks!
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
Basically you buy the item in a shop then claim money back by uploading your receipt ( taking a picture)
I signed up to it when there was cheap beer available, (after cashback). Not that much stuff on there now, mostly popcorn and deodorant. Your cashback goes into your profile account and you withdraw it to your bank account. There is a charge for amounts below a certain value, maybe 15 quid, can't remember. Worth checking it before you go shopping, even online groceries are included, had a few decent freebies like chocolates.
Edited by: "woopedeedoo" 1st Mar
Yesterday for example there was free Yoghurt on it (it may still be on there).

It tells you which supermarket/s or shops you can buy the specific product from.Keep your receipt and then from the Checkoutsmart app you click on the item/s you want to claim the money back from,take a picture of it and upload it via the app.

COS (Checkoutsmart) then validate it and it gets added to your COS account.They send you an email to confirm.

You can then transfer the money into a Paypal or bank account when you meet the minimum payment level(£1.00+ for your first payment,then £5.00 thereafter)

A processing fee of 5% is incurred when transferring amounts up to 19.99,but there are no fees for 20.00 or more into either your bank or Paypal.

You can also do it if you get your shopping delivered as you upload the delivery note as opposed to an in store receipt.

This is probably as clear as mud lol
Edited by: "Domthedonkey" 1st Mar
I take it you didn't like my explanation,you never returned
Domthedonkey5th Mar

I take it you didn't like my explanation,you never returned

Sorry matey, I haven't been on for a couple of days due to family probs. I appreciate that you and others have taken the time and trouble to reply to my post. I've installed the app now and have had chance to see how it works, along with your explanation, so I look forward to getting a couple of freebiies and making some savings soon. Many thanks again
squiff5 h, 11 m ago

Sorry matey, I haven't been on for a couple of days due to family probs. I …Sorry matey, I haven't been on for a couple of days due to family probs. I appreciate that you and others have taken the time and trouble to reply to my post. I've installed the app now and have had chance to see how it works, along with your explanation, so I look forward to getting a couple of freebiies and making some savings soon. Many thanks again

There's a couple of freebies on there today.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions