Groups

Please can someone explain where I can get the Android 2.1 update for my Samsung Galaxy Portal

Banned
    I have read online that T-mobile have now confirmed a update for the Samsung Galaxy Portal. This updates it from 1.5 to 2.1. I cant find the download anywhere.

Please can someone help me?

Thank you in advance.

11 Comments

i have galaxy portal and have 2.1, you need to download latest software onto your pc from samsung website and update via your pc. I think the software is NPS

you will also find alot of usefull stuff using this link

Original Poster Banned

r4ge

i have galaxy portal and have 2.1, you need to download latest software … i have galaxy portal and have 2.1, you need to download latest software onto your pc from samsung website and update via your pc. I think the software is NPS

I have downloaded the latest software however when I go to updates, it say I have the latest

Thanks for trying

Original Poster Banned

r4ge

you will also find alot of usefull stuff using this link

Thanks for the link

speedy, change your phone date to 6 mnths in the future for 15 minutes, ten change it back. I got the update pop up on my phone when i did it

Yeah, go to root me baby one more time, to get the best out of your phone.

Original Poster Banned

Thanks everyone.

Oh great. Any ideas on how to connect the phone in the new software?

It just keeps showing as UMS?

Im using a USB cable.

Original Poster Banned

Whey, getting there.

EDIT : In my phone settings. It was selected as mass storage only.
    Edited by: "speedy1477" 23rd Nov 2010

Original Poster Banned

Whoopy, its downloading the update.

I hope 2.1 is better

Thanks so much r4ge and boza

2.1 is great, also root your phone and do the kitchen mod, then add samdroid turbo mod, and you'll have a super fast galaxy portal.

Original Poster Banned

r4ge

2.1 is great, also root your phone and do the kitchen mod, then add … 2.1 is great, also root your phone and do the kitchen mod, then add samdroid turbo mod, and you'll have a super fast galaxy portal.

Sounds complicated X)

I probably could do it but I dont want to void my warrenty
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2957
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764181
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846148
      4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17406142

See more discussions