Groups

Please can someone help me!!

I have been messing around with my husbands laptop today and I think I have uninstalled the speakers or something. Any way there is no sound and I have to get it back on b4 the ogre gets me. Thanks any body who can help me!
    From a desperate sad computer illiterate house wife

14 Comments

is it on vista or xp?

have you muted it? lol

Original Poster

vista

Original Poster

chip stick. Thought i had but he cant get windows media player working says there is a problem with the sound device.

is there a smallspeaker symbol showing in the bottom right of screen?

is there a speaker icon on bottom right of taskbar. If so click it and move slider up

try re-booting

as above or have a look on the control panel

cdr_karen;4334524

chip stick. Thought i had but he cant get windows media player working … chip stick. Thought i had but he cant get windows media player working says there is a problem with the sound device.

Do a System Restore (or whatever it is in Vista) to see if it resolves the problem.

if you think you have deleted the drivers do the following:

Click Start>Control Panel>Classic View>Sounds

Then see what it says under the speaker option. should say working. if not then someone is in some deep doodoo

Original Poster

When I click on the speaker icon it says " no audio output device installed"

Original Poster

Thanks for all tips everyone. Will try the vista help web site. Otherwise take it back to shop. I am in the doghouse!!!:oops:

kaits;4334616

here is a link to tips for fixing common sound … here is a link to tips for fixing common sound problemshttp://windowshelp.microsoft.com/windows/en-US/help/1e87a3e8-c0e8-49af-980f-9eb6686f42d21033.mspxI hope this will help you good luck

just about to suggest the Device Manager check....stole my thunder :cry:

but yeah karen thats your best bet. just follow the instructions on the page
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would28111
      2. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway22
      3. Underrated/unappreciated movies.2841
      4. word association Game74044555

See more discussions