Groups

please can someone help me i dont know what to do

i am really sick a few months ago my 18month contract ran out with orange , i was going to go with some one else to get a free laptop , but orange gave me a good deal more minutes for alot cheaper they also promised to pay my bill of £221 , today i recive a letter saying i need to pay the £221 in 5 days , so i rang them to see whats happend , i spoke to 2 diffrent people the first man said all calls are recorded so they would go back and look but it said it was highly unlikley orange would waver my bill , he said a team manager would ring me back after they had looked into it , 10 mins ago the team manager rang me and said the phone call was not recorded and that the man who renued my orange contract had said he new nothing about paying my bill , i then said i wanted to speak to the team leaders manager and he said i have told you we can do anything im ending this call ,,,,,,,,,, he was really abrupt and i have been really upset by him i still am now , when i said i had not signed for my new contract , he said i had agreed to the terms and conditions when i signed for the new phones by the courior , !!! im sorry for waffling on as i really dont know who else to ask for advice , thanks for reading this xx

10 Comments

Banned

never heard of a provider paying the bill that you have run up

dog_cop

never heard of a provider paying the bill that you have run up

Was about to post the same,if that was your bill when your contract ran out as you have stated then i have never known any company not just mobile to pay your bill to keep you.If your new phone is under the 14/15 day period you can send it back & void the current contract but the bill of £221 has to be paid by you.

Not much hope I'm afraid. If you get offers like this you need them on a letter or an email.

Looks like you will have to pay it back. Best thing to do is say you can't pay it all and get it added to the remainder of your cotract. Say £21.10 a month over the 10 months you have left. If they agree get it in writing.

Original Poster

thanks for advice im just so annoyed that they told me the would waver it in the first place then they say they dont have the phone call as it wasnt recorded , also im peed off because i rang up few days ago to put a magic number on and the lady told me i had never had a magic number in place , when she read through my notes she could see i had asked for a magic number 18 months ago but some how it was never added to my account , so when ever i rang my boyf ive been getting charged !!!!! and i thought it was free , so they owe my 18 months worth of minutes and money from my prevoius bills

im so stresseddddddddddddddddddddd

thanks for replys xx

Banned

mostwanteddirect

thanks for advice im just so annoyed that they told me the would waver it … thanks for advice im just so annoyed that they told me the would waver it in the first place then they say they dont have the phone call as it wasnt recorded , also im peed off because i rang up few days ago to put a magic number on and the lady told me i had never had a magic number in place , when she read through my notes she could see i had asked for a magic number 18 months ago but some how it was never added to my account , so when ever i rang my boyf ive been getting charged !!!!! and i thought it was free , so they owe my 18 months worth of minutes and money from my prevoius billsim so stresseddddddddddddddddddddd thanks for replys xx

best off next time is to ask who or the name of the employee your talking too and note the time you ring I have done this several times and armed with this information they suddenly remember the call, plus voda seem to have a log of calls against your name/number when you ring.:thumbsup:

When did your new contract start & when did you call/recieve the call about getting your bill paid?

At the end of the day they are selling something so will say anything to get you to agree. Phone contract, double glazing all the same!
    But then it works the otherway round too. When you do a CV and go for an interview you will say anything to get the job.

Original Poster

my contract ended yesterday ive had it for 18 months , but got new phone 2 weeks ago so looks like im stuck in another 18 months contract with a bunch of lying bruts ............. roll on june 2009..................... :x

they sent the letter out today saying i owed the money but was told it would be wavered when i renued my contract 2 weeks ago x

mostwanteddirect

my contract ended yesterday ive had it for 18 months , but got new phone … my contract ended yesterday ive had it for 18 months , but got new phone 2 weeks ago so looks like im stuck in another 18 months contract with a bunch of lying bruts ............. roll on june 2009..................... :xthey sent the letter out today saying i owed the money but was told it would be wavered when i renued my contract 2 weeks ago x

Your probably best bet is try & talk to them as GAVINLEWISHUKD has mentioned & try to spread the payment over your new contract.And as dog_cop says always take their name & some details so you have proof & written proof is the best proof.Orange have always been good with me so maybe another go won't hurt.Best of Luck:thumbsup:

Original Poster

thanks for the advice everyone , i have been on to ofcom and they gave me the number for orange exective suite , they were so help full and have put a block on my phone to stop it been cut off ( as im not paying the £221 ) the man was very helpfull and said he will sort it out for me !!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …2952
      2. What's you favourite 60s 70s 80s song ?963005
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846253
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?34201

See more discussions