Please can someone help me with my Paypal claim?

Found 12th Mar 2009
Evening all.

I posted on here 5 days ago (will post link an 2nd post) about this but need a bit of help, please.

Basically ebay buyer wasn't happy with a coat I sold them so I told them to send it back for a refund.
Buyer says she sent it back on 2nd March (not recorded) but it hasn't arrived.
Buyer started contact through Paypal and they put the funds on hold.
I have just escalated it to a claim as I want my money back but now they want me to respond - will post print screen to show you, in a minute.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
12 Comments

Banned

Mrs.Z;4624283

]http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/353331/bit-of-paypal-advice-pretty-please/

Your link takes me to Dirty pics of females?????

lol i kid.

As far as i am aware they will tell the buyer to send back by a recorded method?

what tinks said...

Original Poster

http://i596.photobucket.com/albums/tt48/mrszerrouk/paypalclaim.jpg

So I don't know whether to select 'option 2' or 'option 5' :?

We had already agreed a refund if she sent the at back but I didn't get it, so what would happen next if I select option 2?

they might automatically refund? I'm unsure, I think I would go for last option just to be sure?

Maybe others will have a better idea?

Original Poster

Titchimp;4624294

As far as i am aware they will tell the buyer to send back by a recorded … As far as i am aware they will tell the buyer to send back by a recorded method?

tinkerbell28;4624321

If the buyer cannot prove delivery back by a tracked method, they will … If the buyer cannot prove delivery back by a tracked method, they will lose the claim and you will get your money back. You just need to wait for PP to look at it now.

tinkerbell28;4624334

Respond by saying you will refund on receipt of the item. If it does not … Respond by saying you will refund on receipt of the item. If it does not turn up and they cannot prove delivery you will get it back:thumbsup:

ChipSticks;4624360

what tinks said...

So if I select the option to refund her upon receipt, they won't give her the money back unless she can give a tracking number? What if she got a proof of postage (that certificate thingy), would that matter?

select 2 . They buyer will then be told by paypal to return the item by a trackable service, input the tracking code.. if it doesnt turn up they dont get their money. (as far as i know)

Original Poster

ChipSticks;4624397

they might automatically refund? I'm unsure, I think I would go for last … they might automatically refund? I'm unsure, I think I would go for last option just to be sure?Maybe others will have a better idea?

I am worried that if I select the last option then it might have been 'wrong' and will make them go against me, cos I am not disputing the claim (well, not officially!), I just want the coat back before I refund.

But like you say, I was worried that Paypal might automatically refund the buyer if I pick option2.

Sorry guys, really appreciate your advice - haven't dealt with one of these claims before!

Ah there ya go, never had to do it myself, so wasn't sure if they would automatically refund or not.

2 it is then! lol

Original Poster

tinkerbell28;4624413

Oh snap posted at the same time, 2 hun x Proof of posting meets dot, they … Oh snap posted at the same time, 2 hun x Proof of posting meets dot, they need to prove delivery back to you.

That's what I hoped - any idea how long it will all take?

Aah, they have got till 22nd March to provide proof :thumbsup:

Original Poster

tinkerbell28;4624413

Oh snap posted at the same time, 2 hun x Proof of posting meets dot, they … Oh snap posted at the same time, 2 hun x Proof of posting meets dot, they need to prove delivery back to you.

Well seems petty unanimous, think I will go for that option then :thumbsup:

Will leave some rep in a minute
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769183
    2. £2.00 Cash Back fron Topcashback on Pumpkins via the app12
    3. Marmite1722
    4. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery2382

See more discussions