Groups

Please can someone tell me about this TV - USB port?

Hi all.

Bought my Mum this TV today from Argos (link in second post) and I noticed that it has a USB port.

Seems a good price so am considering buying one for my bedroom, if the USB does what I am hoping then I am sold - can I play .Avi and .mp4 movies on this TV using the USB slot?

Thanks x

8 Comments

Original Poster

its normally for firmware updates

Specs suggest usb is for music and pictures only.
    Edited by: "Plum" 26th Aug 2010

Plum

specs suggest usb is for music and pictures only.

Have a toshiba in the house with this port and as above Music and pics only, No Divx or other movie playback unfortunately.

USB connectivity provides an easy way to playback your music and photos directly via your TV.

Banned

I have a 2 LG tvs, same model but one is later than the other. the early model USB port is for updates only - and theres never been an update.

The later model tv supports music and pictures only. However, there is well known LG hack which involves using a universal remote to enter the engineer menu, and enable divx and other video format support.

Maybe there is a hack for tosh's as well?

Bare in mind it will be almost impossible to find a TV that supports all video forums, but avi and mp4 should be ok with most.

Original Poster

Aww rubbish, i aint getting it then

Thanks for replying everyone x

dcx_badass

That TV is pretty poor aswell, can get Full HD 1080P LG and Samsungs for … That TV is pretty poor aswell, can get Full HD 1080P LG and Samsungs for about £299.

bang!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game73944490
      2. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1423
      3. Shana Tova to all Jewish HUKDers1929
      4. love affairs1547

See more discussions