Please can someone tell me which is best TV from these 3 ? LG,Samsung, hisense...

Posted 27th Feb
Samsung UE50RU7020 50" Ultra HD Smart 4K HDR TV
LG 49UM7400PLB 49" ULTRA HD 4K TV
Hisense H50B7500UK 50 4K Ultra HD Certified Smart LED TV

i have narrowed it down to these tvs and their specs sound great and i dont have alot of cash so i want to make sure i get the best out these 3 i can with some help please ?
thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

39 Comments
You'll be best looking at independent reviews online. You're highly likely to get LG/Samsung/Hisense on here.
I'd opt for the Hisense. It's a good performing lower medium level , whilst the other 2 are low end of both the Samsung & LG series.
LG & Samsung make much better TVs but at a much higher price point. Hisense are very strong in the budget end and box above Thier wieght
Can't remember which model exactly but some Hisense owners have had issues with lyp sync .
The 50RU7400 is on sale at Very at the moment with an extra 10% off, I just bought it, you should check it out.
I have the 65" version of the LG,. 65UM7400 PBL and can assure you it isn't the lowest spec LG and has excellent customer reviews. I would compare the TV's you've short listed on rtings.com We are really pleased with our LG and only chose it after a lot of research and a visit to Currys. You don't buy a new TV that often so take a little care to find a good one within your budget.
Buy from Richer sounds or John Lewis to get free extended warranty.
Edited by: "yorkie12" 27th Feb
adamderak27/02/2020 14:06

I'd opt for the Hisense. It's a good performing lower medium level , …I'd opt for the Hisense. It's a good performing lower medium level , whilst the other 2 are low end of both the Samsung & LG series.LG & Samsung make much better TVs but at a much higher price point. Hisense are very strong in the budget end and box above Thier wieght Can't remember which model exactly but some Hisense owners have had issues with lyp sync .

That's the worst comment ever So you would chose a higher spec dacia sandero over a lower spec audi
ding27/02/2020 15:25

That's the worst comment ever So you would chose a higher spec dacia …That's the worst comment ever So you would chose a higher spec dacia sandero over a lower spec audi

Think more top spec seat Leon Vs very basic Audi A3.
The TVs you mentioned are all about the same in terms of quality, Samsung and LG are the better brands but they are all low end models of the makes so I wouldn’t worry to Much..
yorkie1227/02/2020 14:32

I have the 65" version of the LG,. 65UM7400 PBL and can assure you it …I have the 65" version of the LG,. 65UM7400 PBL and can assure you it isn't the lowest spec LG and has excellent customer reviews. I would compare the TV's you've short listed on rtings.com We are really pleased with our LG and only chose it after a lot of research and a visit to Currys. You don't buy a new TV that often so take a little care to find a good one within your budget.Buy from Richer sounds or John Lewis to get free extended warranty.

Not the lowest spec but very very close. Definitely in the low end. For the price it isn’t a bad tv, cheap and cheerful..
Bargainhead27/02/2020 19:37

Not the lowest spec but very very close. Definitely in the low end. For …Not the lowest spec but very very close. Definitely in the low end. For the price it isn’t a bad tv, cheap and cheerful..

Not everyone has a couple of grand to spend on a telly. Us poor people on a budget have to get the best that's available for our wallet. It's easy to say an 8k TV would be better
yorkie1227/02/2020 20:21

Not everyone has a couple of grand to spend on a telly. Us poor people on …Not everyone has a couple of grand to spend on a telly. Us poor people on a budget have to get the best that's available for our wallet. It's easy to say an 8k TV would be better

that is so true 100%. i may go towards the Hisense but the features are good on em all, but thanks for all the help. does the ebay code expire on the 28th!
Edited by: "MaxStorm7678" 27th Feb
MaxStorm767827/02/2020 21:35

that is so true 100%. i may go towards the Hisense but the features are …that is so true 100%. i may go towards the Hisense but the features are good on em all, but thanks for all the help. does the ebay code expire on the 28th!

Yeah , says ends 28th. Enjoy your new telly! Can buy a magic remote for LG ( £25)to make it voice contol, just saying..lol
Edited by: "yorkie12" 27th Feb

Not everyone has a couple of grand to spend on a telly. Us poor people on …Not everyone has a couple of grand to spend on a telly. Us poor people on a budget have to get the best that's available for our wallet. It's easy to say an 8k TV would be better

Not at all there’s no 8k content at the moment lol, but I get what your trying to say. But you don’t need to spend a couple of grand a couple of hundred more would of got a much better tv, or instead of 65” drop to a better quality 55” that what I had to do a few years back. I added a an extra £100 and chose a better 55” than a cheaper 65”..

LG make some good TVs when it comes to the top of the range like the oled...
but from your your statement of “it’s easy to say” you obviously don’t know a great deal about tv’s, so as long as your happy that’s the main thing. The way you said “I can assure you” came across as your trying to convince yourself you didn’t settle for the bottom of the range...
Bargainhead28/02/2020 05:41

Not at all there’s no 8k content at the moment lol, but I get what your t …Not at all there’s no 8k content at the moment lol, but I get what your trying to say. But you don’t need to spend a couple of grand a couple of hundred more would of got a much better tv, or instead of 65” drop to a better quality 55” that what I had to do a few years back. I added a an extra £100 and chose a better 55” than a cheaper 65”.. LG make some good TVs when it comes to the top of the range like the oled...but from your your statement of “it’s easy to say” you obviously don’t know a great deal about tv’s, so as long as your happy that’s the main thing. The way you said “I can assure you” came across as your trying to convince yourself you didn’t settle for the bottom of the range...

You just come across as a TV snob, who gets their information from data sheets rather than looking at TV's .I don't profess to be an expert but do my homework when I'm in the market. Some cheaper tv's may have poor pictures or sound but most using the same technology are very simila. My TV needs to have wide viewing angles so I chose IPS. Most differences are very subtle and often needs lab equipment to detect them, why pay more for very small improvements?
Edited by: "yorkie12" 28th Feb
yorkie1228/02/2020 08:10

You just come across as a TV snob, who gets their information from data …You just come across as a TV snob, who gets their information from data sheets rather than looking at TV's .I don't profess to be an expert but do my homework when I'm in the market. Some cheaper tv's may have poor pictures or sound but most using the same technology are very simila. My TV needs to have wide viewing angles so I chose IPS. Most differences are very subtle and often needs lab equipment to detect them, why pay more for very small improvements?

I agree, why pay more for a small improvement but a lot are big improvements, from input lag to 120hz screens, 10 bit displays instead of 8bit+ fcr..

I never said it wasn’t a ok tv but definitely lower tier of the LG models, it has a satellite receiver which is a plus point out of the three mentioned but so does the Hisense, the sammy doesn’t..

I do my homework and that’s why I know and looking at them in a showroom doesn’t give you any idea as you have to set every set up individually for each surroundings..

nothing to do with being a snob..
thanks very much for all the input but i dont want all of you to argue life's too short for that. I dont have alot of cash and at the moment i have around £320 spare to get a good tv for me and my family due to ours breaking and i just want to get the one with best features for our rasberry pi media centre and our xbox one for gaming and smart tv part be great for youtube and i think most have freeview, but the tvs have so many more cool stuff now like google assistant which would be great with our home mini

thanks, i have till midnight to choose between the 3 hehe ,(also whats bad about RGBW) ?

Samsung UE50RU7020 50" Ultra HD Smart 4K HDR TV
LG 49UM7400PLB 49" ULTRA HD 4K TV
Hisense H50B7500UK 50 4K Ultra HD Certified Smart LED TV
Bargainhead28/02/2020 08:35

I agree, why pay more for a small improvement but a lot are big …I agree, why pay more for a small improvement but a lot are big improvements, from input lag to 120hz screens, 10 bit displays instead of 8bit+ fcr..I never said it wasn’t a ok tv but definitely lower tier of the LG models, it has a satellite receiver which is a plus point out of the three mentioned but so does the Hisense, the sammy doesn’t.. I do my homework and that’s why I know and looking at them in a showroom doesn’t give you any idea as you have to set every set up individually for each surroundings..nothing to do with being a snob..

Still think you are a bit of a telly snob especially when you make statements like 'you obviously don’t know a great deal about tv’s' to someone you don't even know and don't know what their actual knowledge is. Looks like you think there's only you that knows anything about TV's. I notice you have not come up with any alternatives for the OP to consider and why they would be better. You are just putting a damper on anything anyone else says is good.

Think most of us belong in that territory.
MaxStorm767828/02/2020 08:53

thanks very much for all the input but i dont want all of you to argue …thanks very much for all the input but i dont want all of you to argue life's too short for that. I dont have alot of cash and at the moment i have around £320 spare to get a good tv for me and my family due to ours breaking and i just want to get the one with best features for our rasberry pi media centre and our xbox one for gaming and smart tv part be great for youtube and i think most have freeview, but the tvs have so many more cool stuff now like google assistant which would be great with our home mini thanks, i have till midnight to choose between the 3 hehe ,(also whats bad about RGBW) ?Samsung UE50RU7020 50" Ultra HD Smart 4K HDR TVLG 49UM7400PLB 49" ULTRA HD 4K TVHisense H50B7500UK 50 4K Ultra HD Certified Smart LED TV

If money is tight always consider buying from richer sounds to get the 6 years warranty.
That way your TV worries are over for 6 years.
yorkie1228/02/2020 10:41

Still think you are a bit of a telly snob especially when you make …Still think you are a bit of a telly snob especially when you make statements like 'you obviously don’t know a great deal about tv’s' to someone you don't even know and don't know what their actual knowledge is. Looks like you think there's only you that knows anything about TV's. I notice you have not come up with any alternatives for the OP to consider and why they would be better. You are just putting a damper on anything anyone else says is good.

I answered op, with that tier tv all 3 are about the same so won’t make much difference which they get, apart from 2 having satellite input..

hardly a snob each tier tv has its uses and customer base, I actually have a Hisense B7510uk getting delivered tomorrow, but Only for movie nights I wouldn’t hook up a console or pc to it for gaming I use one of the Samsung’s for that as it has low input lag and 100hz screen..
I would only recommend an LG if you needed wide viewing angles, something which their IPS panels do rather well. If not I would avoid them as IPS panels have inherently poor black levels (grey blacks, IPS glow) and LG Quality Control is not what it once was.

If it was me I would choose either the Samsung or the Hisense. I actually have the 70” version of the 7020 model and have been rather impressed with it considering its Samsung's budget range. The only issue I’ve found with it is the built in media player is poor, it wont play .avi files and network playback is barebones, it wont let you pause forward or rewind a network media file, its play or stop.

Nothing wrong with the Hisense either, by default you get a two year warranty with them.

The main differences between the three TVs is panel type, like I said the LG will give you better viewing angles with its IPS panel but poor blacks and uniformity.The Samsung and Hisense will be using some sort of VA panel with poor viewing angles (compared with IPS) but you’ll have better blacks and uniformity.
Bargainhead28/02/2020 12:02

I answered op, with that tier tv all 3 are about the same so won’t make m …I answered op, with that tier tv all 3 are about the same so won’t make much difference which they get, apart from 2 having satellite input..hardly a snob each tier tv has its uses and customer base, I actually have a Hisense B7510uk getting delivered tomorrow, but Only for movie nights I wouldn’t hook up a console or pc to it for gaming I use one of the Samsung’s for that as it has low input lag and 100hz screen..

Give us a review on Hisense TV please as it's one on my radar
adamderak28/02/2020 14:50

No problem, delivering tomorrow, once it’s all set up I’ll review it..
Bargainhead28/02/2020 16:44

No problem, delivering tomorrow, once it’s all set up I’ll review it..

Wonder how this compares to the h65u7buk
adamderak28/02/2020 17:02

Wonder how this compares to the h65u7buk

There’s reviews for that tv and a YouTube video if that’s any help..
was going for LG but i took too long and it sold out via the %20 offer on ebay
Look at this, TLDR, the Hisense is the best (we have one and it's great).
avforums.com/thr…70/
freakstyler28/02/2020 12:31

I would only recommend an LG if you needed wide viewing angles, something …I would only recommend an LG if you needed wide viewing angles, something which their IPS panels do rather well. If not I would avoid them as IPS panels have inherently poor black levels (grey blacks, IPS glow) and LG Quality Control is not what it once was. If it was me I would choose either the Samsung or the Hisense. I actually have the 70” version of the 7020 model and have been rather impressed with it considering its Samsung's budget range. The only issue I’ve found with it is the built in media player is poor, it wont play .avi files and network playback is barebones, it wont let you pause forward or rewind a network media file, its play or stop. Nothing wrong with the Hisense either, by default you get a two year warranty with them.The main differences between the three TVs is panel type, like I said the LG will give you better viewing angles with its IPS panel but poor blacks and uniformity.The Samsung and Hisense will be using some sort of VA panel with poor viewing angles (compared with IPS) but you’ll have better blacks and uniformity.

Did you know that the difference in contrast levels and blacks between IPS and VA are only really visible when watching TV in darkness , most people watch TV with some sort of light on and there isn't much of a discernible difference . IPS are much better at colour reproduction too. People make out that there are big differences between the two technologies but in reality it's swings and roundabouts. Have a look at Rtings.com comparisons. You don't get glaring differences between most TV's nowadays things are more subtle , remember the days when someone ran with the ball and the picture went all blurred around the edges?
adamderak28/02/2020 14:50

Build quality is fine, App Store not the best but neither is the Samsung store, has everything you need, but true android would be better to side load on to. Sound is fine and picture is good through Netflix 4K, Dolby vision comes on ok. I never thought I would say this but the size is to big 75” is to big, the viewing anglers are a bit off (I think this will be fine once I get it set up in the room properly). £765 for the size it’s good value, it’ll be good for movie nights, which is what I got it for. If your looking for a better picture quality or lower input lag for gaming, I would go for LG oled or even Samsung QLED..
Bargainhead02/03/2020 20:34

Build quality is fine, App Store not the best but neither is the Samsung …Build quality is fine, App Store not the best but neither is the Samsung store, has everything you need, but true android would be better to side load on to. Sound is fine and picture is good through Netflix 4K, Dolby vision comes on ok. I never thought I would say this but the size is to big 75” is to big, the viewing anglers are a bit off (I think this will be fine once I get it set up in the room properly). £765 for the size it’s good value, it’ll be good for movie nights, which is what I got it for. If your looking for a better picture quality or lower input lag for gaming, I would go for LG oled or even Samsung QLED..

Yea but imagine cost of 75 inch OLED.
What's pic quality like on SD or HD?
Guess trouble is even if image quality is good but on SD or even HD might not look good on such a vast screen.
adamderak02/03/2020 22:06

Yea but imagine cost of 75 inch OLED.What's pic quality like on SD or …Yea but imagine cost of 75 inch OLED.What's pic quality like on SD or HD?Guess trouble is even if image quality is good but on SD or even HD might not look good on such a vast screen.

I hooked the satellite cable up and tried normal tv, it was absolutely fine no banding, no worse than any of my 55” TVs on standard def.. on 4K Netflix it was good. I bought it for movie nights so will do the job for the price. As more hd and uhd content comes out it will be worth the money for the size..
Hisense every time. comes with wide color gamut and HDR/hlg/hdr10+ and are direct lit va 60hz panels with dolby vision which looks incredible.

You were lucky avoiding the LG as its not even a true 4k TV (rgbw structure)
Edited by: "chocci" 3rd Mar
Bargainhead03/03/2020 04:52

I hooked the satellite cable up and tried normal tv, it was absolutely …I hooked the satellite cable up and tried normal tv, it was absolutely fine no banding, no worse than any of my 55” TVs on standard def.. on 4K Netflix it was good. I bought it for movie nights so will do the job for the price. As more hd and uhd content comes out it will be worth the money for the size..

If it's able to show standard TV with no big issues and at that price it's a fabulous buy surely.
chocci03/03/2020 07:13

Hisense every time. comes with wide color gamut and HDR/hlg/hdr10+ and are …Hisense every time. comes with wide color gamut and HDR/hlg/hdr10+ and are direct lit va 60hz panels with dolby vision which looks incredible.You were lucky avoiding the LG as its not even a true 4k TV (rgbw structure)

It has hdr10 but not hdr10+, I’m sure the plus is the Samsung version as it doesn’t have Dolby vision.

the Hisense will watch video in hdr10 but won’t game in hdr10 on Xbox one x, but it uses Dolby vision..
From personal experience I tend to find the lower end Samsung TVs to be better than the LGs.
Bargainhead03/03/2020 09:50

It has hdr10 but not hdr10+, I’m sure the plus is the Samsung version as i …It has hdr10 but not hdr10+, I’m sure the plus is the Samsung version as it doesn’t have Dolby vision. the Hisense will watch video in hdr10 but won’t game in hdr10 on Xbox one x, but it uses Dolby vision..

displayspecifications.com/en/…9b6
chocci04/03/2020 03:45

https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/model/fa9619b6

They got it wrong
hisense.co.uk/tvs…00/

trustedreviews.com/rev…0uk

techadvisor.co.uk/rev…89/

a few years ago that site got the facts wrong about a Samsung I was looking at with 10bit display..

Hisense website for the official features. I’ve also put it to the test with Xbox it picks up hdr10 on the Hisense but not hdr10+. On my Samsung hdr10+ comes up on Xbox..
Edited by: "Bargainhead" 4th Mar
Gormond03/03/2020 10:03

From personal experience I tend to find the lower end Samsung TVs to be …From personal experience I tend to find the lower end Samsung TVs to be better than the LGs.

Most reviews say the same..
Bargainhead04/03/2020 05:24

They got it wrong …They got it wrong https://hisense.co.uk/tvs/all-tvs/b7500/https://www.trustedreviews.com/reviews/hisense-b7500-h55b7500ukhttps://www.techadvisor.co.uk/review/tv/hisense-b7500-3700189/a few years ago that site got the facts wrong about a Samsung I was looking at with 10bit display..Hisense website for the official features. I’ve also put it to the test with Xbox it picks up hdr10 on the Hisense but not hdr10+. On my Samsung hdr10+ comes up on Xbox..

You're correct it doesn't have it, they've said they're allegedly going to add it in a software update though (no eta yet) as it's basically an 'open' version of dolby vision.
dcx_badass04/03/2020 07:20

You're correct it doesn't have it, they've said they're allegedly going to …You're correct it doesn't have it, they've said they're allegedly going to add it in a software update though (no eta yet) as it's basically an 'open' version of dolby vision.

Yes it’s a free license from Samsung who created it, instead of paying for Dolby vision..
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants