Please can we help Millie's Trust to save more babies? It only takes less than 1min

14 replies
Found 12th Dec 2014
I just read their FB post and it broke my heart. All they need is for people to vote for them so they can win £5k towards their fundraising. No need to register or give out any info. Here is the post as it appears on FB:

This is our munchkin, Millie.
She isn't with us anymore .. She's not sleeping in the next room ... She's not being heard through a monitor snoring ... She's not crying for food or just a hug. The house is silent.

She isn't here anymore because she choked on her lunch at nursery when she was just 9 months old and she never came home again.

Why do we need your vote to help us win this £5,000?

That's simple. Because we don't ever want any of you mummies and daddies to ever experience the pain we have been through , that we are still going through every day of our life. We don't ever want you to feel the emptiness of a home for a reason like we did. We don't ever want you to hear laughter one day and not the next. We don't want you to see a smile for the last time on your baby's face.

We want to provide awareness in various forms such as producing our own App so you have our advice at your fingertips...We want to design fridge magnets that have instant access to choking advice on them...We want to provide children with the skills that could stay with them for a lifetime... That's on top of giving an AED and two full courses away. Can you see? This £5,000 can go such a long way for us ... It can help us branch out into new areas ... To help you help your children ...

Please just spend 5 seconds of your time by following the below and tagging a couple of your friends below and asking them to vote for us. Please keep on voting - EVERY VOTE REALLY DOES COUNT AT THIS STAGE.

To help us win £5k, please click the link below and VOTE FOR US when you see Millie's Trust.

oceanfinance.co.uk/win…log

If we win , we are donating an AED into a UK EDUCATIONAL ESTABLISHMENT AND WE WILL TRAIN 2 NURSERIES IN THE UK( maximum 12 staff per nursery) - and you get to nominate!!!!!

Thank you xxxx"

14 Comments

Done.

Done too.

Done

but IMHO if you don't know how to help a choking child you shouldn't be a parent or person responsible for the care of a child.

That's my opinion, I've trained, I've learned, I've took time to know and understand and hopefully be prepared and to do my best and think it should be the same for any parent or person responsible for the care of a child.

voted!

Original Poster

philphil61

Donebut IMHO if you don't know how to help a choking child you shouldn't … Donebut IMHO if you don't know how to help a choking child you shouldn't be a parent or person responsible for the care of a child.That's my opinion, I've trained, I've learned, I've took time to know and understand and hopefully be prepared and to do my best and think it should be the same for any parent or person responsible for the care of a child.

But someone trained you, right? Someone took the time to show you what to do and they will have had to be trained first, too. I have trained in Paediatric First Aid and watched St John Ambulance instructables, I still do every now and again. May we never have to use that knowledge.
Edited by: "MissyTrouble" 12th Dec 2014

MissyTrouble

But someone trained you, right? Someone took the time to show you what to … But someone trained you, right? Someone took the time to show you what to do and they will have had to be trained first, too. I have trained in Paediatric First Aid and watched St John Ambulance instructables, I still do every now and again. May we never have to use that knowledge.

"May we never have to use that knowledge." Agreed

I took first aider training with the Red Cross for two separate employments
I did first aider training in the military
Whenever there's advice publicised in media and I see it - I take notice
When I became a father for the first time (whilst she was pregnant) I studied - basically I took responsibility/initiative that all potential parents should

I'm in no way stating the child aged 9months would still be alive now because nobody can say that... What I'm saying is parents shouldn't need to be told/educated because they should be responsible before becoming a parent. What I'm saying is people responsible for the care of children should have adequate training to provide that care. That's my opinion

Original Poster

philphil61

"May we never have to use that knowledge." AgreedI took first aider … "May we never have to use that knowledge." AgreedI took first aider training with the Red Cross for two separate employmentsI did first aider training in the militaryWhenever there's advice publicised in media and I see it - I take noticeWhen I became a father for the first time (whilst she was pregnant) I studied - basically I took responsibility/initiative that all potential parents shouldI'm in no way stating the child aged 9months would still be alive now because nobody can say that... What I'm saying is parents shouldn't need to be told/educated because they should be responsible before becoming a parent. What I'm saying is people responsible for the care of children should have adequate training to provide that care. That's my opinion

That's what it would look like in an ideal world. The sad truth is there is lots of people out there who either do not see bringing a child into this world as a miracle that needs to be cherished and protected. Like you said, some people do not deserve to be parents but that's not the baby's fault. Charities like Millie's Trust work to educate all sorts of people, those ignorant ones but also the likes of you or me.
Sorry, I don't think I'm very coherent tonight. The point I'm trying to make is that any information out there on how to help a baby choking is a good thing and the publicity it gets can only do good.
You have my respect by the way, you sound like a very sound man. I wish all parents I come across in my work had this sort of attitude.

philphil61

"May we never have to use that knowledge." AgreedI took first aider … "May we never have to use that knowledge." AgreedI took first aider training with the Red Cross for two separate employmentsI did first aider training in the militaryWhenever there's advice publicised in media and I see it - I take noticeWhen I became a father for the first time (whilst she was pregnant) I studied - basically I took responsibility/initiative that all potential parents shouldI'm in no way stating the child aged 9months would still be alive now because nobody can say that... What I'm saying is parents shouldn't need to be told/educated because they should be responsible before becoming a parent. What I'm saying is people responsible for the care of children should have adequate training to provide that care. That's my opinion

Seriously, come on now Phil (and everyone else) just vote and let's not turn this into a debate.

MissyTrouble

That's what it would look like in an ideal world. The sad truth is there … That's what it would look like in an ideal world. The sad truth is there is lots of people out there who either do not see bringing a child into this world as a miracle that needs to be cherished and protected. Like you said, some people do not deserve to be parents but that's not the baby's fault. Charities like Millie's Trust work to educate all sorts of people, those ignorant ones but also ones like you or me. Sorry, I don't think I'm very coherent tonight. The point I'm trying to make is that any information out there on how to help a baby choking is a good thing and the publicity it gets can only do good. You have my respect by the way, you sound like a very sound man. I wish all parents I come across in my work had this sort of attitude.

You are coherent

And I respect you for posting the thread and using your time to better "society" - my issue is - if "society" hasn't already bothered to take responsibility for it's actions - how much "gain" do you think will be achieved by the efforts of the many charities trying to offer similar "advice".

Yes I know...if it saves only one life it's worthwhile but I just don't like trying to flog a dead horse (Hoping you understand)

I don't want to change topic but I see similar issues with the "famine/starving" African's - they continually have children year on year from the age of 14 but there is little food to feed them but they still give birth and the main charities help with resources and providing food... Rather than us "shouldering "their" responsibilities - why can't they be responsible. And yes I know religion/culture play a big part in their life but it's a child's life that they are bringing into the world to suffer!!! wtf that hurts like hell

Anyway - just expressing my opinion - not everyone will agree and that is their choice...

Have a good night

Original Poster

philphil61

You are coherent ;)And I respect you for posting the thread and using … You are coherent ;)And I respect you for posting the thread and using your time to better "society" - my issue is - if "society" hasn't already bothered to take responsibility for it's actions - how much "gain" do you think will be achieved by the efforts of the many charities trying to offer similar "advice".Yes I know...if it saves only one life it's worthwhile but I just don't like trying to flog a dead horse (Hoping you understand)I don't want to change topic but I see similar issues with the "famine/starving" African's - they continually have children year on year from the age of 14 but there is little food to feed them but they still give birth and the main charities help with resources and providing food... Rather than us "shouldering "their" responsibilities - why can't they be responsible. And yes I know religion/culture play a big part in their life but it's a child's life that they are bringing into the world to suffer!!! wtf that hurts like hell Anyway - just expressing my opinion - not everyone will agree and that is their choice... Have a good night

Which takes us to my first reply - people like you and me get trained by charities such as Millie's Trust, too, and they rely on support they receive from fundraising and donations. I was trained by a charity (St Johns Ambulance) and I am ever so grateful for the work they do. Only once did I have a challenging situation where a baby fell out of a carrycot and onto concrete. I still froze for a few seconds like a rabbit caught in the headlights but just had to tell myself "you've got this" - deep breath and I did what I could to help until the ambulance arrived. If it hadn't been for charities who provide First Aid training where would be find the resources to learn? Who would bother spreading the word about new, more effective ways to deal with situations such as choking? (by the way, the guidance on this has been updated recently. Clicky ).

As for the Third World, I'm not even going there, it's a minefield, a situation people more clever than me have tried and failed to resolve. What springs to mind, did you know that donkey sanctuaries receive more funding in the UK than women's refuges? Just food for thought.

You too have a peaceful night Phil.

voted...they are all worthy causes

Done

Done. Voted.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Free flights to Europe35
    2. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition54498
    3. Free Soap & Glory Bath Bomb (High Score)33