Groups
    EXPIRED

Please Charge your....

I've never understood this reason, and every time you purchase a phone, you are told this (well mostly!)

Charge your phone for at least 14 / 18 / 24 hours before use!

Now why? And why is it important? And if you don't follow this, what are the consequences?

Anyone shed any light or give an opinion?

5 Comments

my opinion: this rule doesn't apply to li-ion batteries... when you buy a new phone the battery is already charged 40-50-60%...

Original Poster

I've heard that it affects battery life in the long run.

However, isnt there a newish type of battery that never loses it's life?

MattC

However, isnt there a newish type of battery that never loses it's life?

didn't hear this

There is a fascinating reason behind all this that I was reading about almost 2 years ago now. There's a fantastic website about batteries that has all the technical information behind the chemicals used and why charging matters etc. etc.
    I'll dig up the link for you ]MattC.
    In the meantime, read here:
    ]http//mi…es/

EDIT:

Here we are:
    buchmann.ca/
    batteryuniversity.com/

thanks x10
    told you so Matt

Charging lithium-ion batteries[SIZE=2] … Charging lithium-ion batteries[SIZE=2] [COLOR=#666633](BU12)[/COLOR]Lithium-ion is a very clean system and does not need priming as nickel-based batteries do. The 1st charge is no different to the 5th or the 50th charge. Stickers instructing to charge the battery for 8 hours or more for the first time may be a leftover from the nickel battery days. [/SIZE]

Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?1324
      2. Oh deer.. looks like they are back sooner this year.78
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846245
      4. Are these two things distinctly different to you?25102

See more discussions