Groups
    EXPIRED

Please could someone help with parcel2go damage claim...Still need help pleeeeeeeeeease!!!

Hi everyone, I Sold an amp on here and it was faulty when the buyer received it. I put a claim in for damages but they needed the receipt for the amp as proof of value. I told them i never had the receipt as i've had the amp for a year and because it was no longer under guarantee i threw the receipt away. I received an email from them today which i have posted below. Could someone please help because i'm unemployed and i can't afford to go out of pocket £30. Thank you.

Thank you for your claim for damage. The status of your claim (id number ***** and order number *******) has changed. Your claim has been passed to you as we require satisfactory proof of value to consider the claim. You should note that you have until 11/02/2009 for Parcel2Go.com to receive this information. Information received after this date will result in the claim being rejected. As the status of your claim changes, we will email you and keep you fully informed of progress. If you have any queries during, or after, this process then please email us at [email protected]parcel2go.com quoting the claim reference number and the Parcel2Go.com order number.

20 Comments

It seems to me that they are wanting "proof of value" not necessarily a receipt. I would ask if a quote from a supplier would prove the value of the item?

Original Poster

cosmicdav3;4329915

It seems to me that they are wanting "proof of value" not necessarily a … It seems to me that they are wanting "proof of value" not necessarily a receipt. I would ask if a quote from a supplier would prove the value of the item?

Hi, Thank you.....I'll find out.....Have some rep :thumbsup:

Banned

If i were you, also ask the buyer to post some pics of the damage, you never know they could be fibbing

thats what i was going to say lol good luck

Original Poster

caraluvskittens;4329955

If i were you, also ask the buyer to post some pics of the damage, you … If i were you, also ask the buyer to post some pics of the damage, you never know they could be fibbing

Hi, I think the damage is inside the amp....do you think i should ask them to open it and take pics. Thanks for your reply.

If i could find it on a bank statement would that be proof of value? Thanks.

Original Poster

dhshields;4329961

thats what i was going to say lol good luck

Thank you....have some rep :thumbsup:

I had to put in a claim for damages, sent them pictures, all relevant info, then never heard anything even though i chased them up to see what was happenening, only then to be told that the claim time had elapsed.

I haven't and wouldn't use them again

If i could find it on a bank statement would that be proof of value? … If i could find it on a bank statement would that be proof of value? Thanks.

Bank statements can be used as proof of purchase - you may need to get something from the retailer to confirm that they were selling the item at that price at the time - also it may be worth asking the place you bought it from if they keep records of receipts - i know some big chains like Dixons etc do and they've been able to pull off copy receipts for me in the past. Good Luck with it

Original Poster

apples33;4330025

I had to put in a claim for damages, sent them pictures, all relevant … I had to put in a claim for damages, sent them pictures, all relevant info, then never heard anything even though i chased them up to see what was happenening, only then to be told that the claim time had elapsed.I haven't and wouldn't use them again

I don't think i'll use them again....i'll probably end up losing out....they didn't give me long to send them proof though.

cosmicdav3;4330026

Bank statements can be used as proof of purchase - you may need to get … Bank statements can be used as proof of purchase - you may need to get something from the retailer to confirm that they were selling the item at that price at the time - also it may be worth asking the place you bought it from if they keep records of receipts - i know some big chains like Dixons etc do and they've been able to pull off copy receipts for me in the past. Good Luck with it

Hi, Thanks for your help. I think the amp is now discontinued. I bought it from sound control in bristol...they're called reverb store now.

I think the amp is now discontinued. I bought it from sound control in … I think the amp is now discontinued. I bought it from sound control in bristol...

I think Soundcontrol have just re-named, anyway they should have a back-catalogue of old items they sold and the prices they sold them at it may be worth giving them a ring? Nothing ventured nothing gained etc....

Original Poster

cosmicdav3;4330136

I think Soundcontrol have just re-named, anyway they should have a … I think Soundcontrol have just re-named, anyway they should have a back-catalogue of old items they sold and the prices they sold them at it may be worth giving them a ring? Nothing ventured nothing gained etc....

Thank you....i'm going to give them a ring now...

Original Poster

Just called them and the man i spoke to said they're a totally different company and wouldn't have the transaction details.

Oh dear, have you managed to find the bank statement? Did you ask the person you spoke to if they could quote you for a replacement?

Original Poster

I found the bank statement....it says sound control, dunfermline paid out £39....do you think that will be enough info.....i never asked them to quote for a replacement.

I'd just ask the parcel company and see - you can rove to them what you paid for it, which is waht they are asking for

Original Poster

They want the info by the 11th......do you think i should chance posting a copy of my statement or email them a copy? Thanks.

I'd e-mail that way they can't deny recieving it, plus you can get an answer back sooner if it is acceptable or not

Original Poster

Thanks cosmicdav3 your advice has been great :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Quick update.....I found the payment confirmation email i was sent from sound control and sent it to parcel2go. They accepted it as proof of value and now they want pics of the internal damage and a description of the damage, the thing is i've emailed and pm'd the buyer but he hasn't got back to me yet and tomorrow is my last chance to get this sorted. Hopefully the buyer will get back to me soon.

Original Poster

Parcel2go have just sent me the email below....how can they say it's not covered for internal damage. How many people would open an electrical item and pack the inside with bubble wrap.

Good Morning,

I am afraid we do not cover against internal damage, a parcel that has sustained damages with no external signs of damage is due to poor internal packaging. No claims of this nature are accepted.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you require any further assistance

Best Regards

Chantelle Orton

Claims Manager

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. Easyjet - book now or wait?34
    2. Dell Outlet Alternatives22
    3. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1224
    4. Should I buy brand new wd drive without warranty on ebay1017

See more discussions