Groups

Please do my survey on video games (5 minutes)

I'm writing a thesis on video games for my business degree. I'm particularly interested on why people buy the console they do, and the impact that casual gaming will have on the industry. If you are from Europe (everyone here) and have literally just the 5 minutes needed to do it, I'd really appreciate it!

surveymonkey.com/s.a…_3d

39 Comments

Happy to help :thumbsup:

Done and done.

Done :thumbsup:

done.

Done - glad to help, although I think it would be better rather than explicitly ask if people area serious or casual gamers instead have questions to try and establish it.

John

done.

marktuck;6001939

Happy to help :thumbsup:

We_Are_138;6001947

Done and done.

Starr;6001953

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=gnoWWmcNwETZt0hat6ceTg_3d_3dDone

Jonsend;6001965

biomehanik;6001966

done.

n1ck09;6001980

Johnmcl7;6001999

Done - glad to help

chirag123;6002005

done.

These.

Done =)

Done.

I lol'd at Sonys attempt of motion controllers, they look hideous, would rather play the Wii!

Original Poster

Johnmcl7;6001999

Done - glad to help, although I think it would be better rather than … Done - glad to help, although I think it would be better rather than explicitly ask if people area serious or casual gamers instead have questions to try and establish it.John

Yeah you are right. I spent a long time on that question. Thanks for that bit of feedback.

Thanks to everyone who has done it. It's great.

job done, when do i get paid ?

Done..

done....do we get an update on the results?

:thumbsup:

done.

:thumbsup:done

Well, I really wanted to help but I can't even get past the first page :oops:

I would guess I'm just not the sort of person you're looking for responses from; most of the factors listed when choosing a console don't apply to me. It's also limited to the current 3 main consoles, so no consideration of older ones ... and I can see why not, but legacy is relevant. The ability to play PSOne games on the PS2 was a factor when I bought that; the availability of specific titles was a factor in buying the Xbox; limited backwards combatibility put me off the 360 - but then titles my son wanted started to become available on the 360 only.

I also have a Wii, which I bought (before the 360) because it was family-friendly (and played GameCube games). There's not much available for the PS3 that would be any use to my 11-year-old (at least that I'd let her near! :-D )

And I can't compare the 3 consoles as I only have 2; I realise you're looking for opinions from users rather than experts, but I still feel I'd need to use the PS3 to rank it.

The reason I'm posting this is because I don't know if you've considered the family factor in your research or not; you might only be specifically interested in a different type of gamer? Depends on how broad your thesis is.

Oh, and one last thing - online capability wasn't a factor when I bought either console, but would be in future, as the 15-year-old has discovered Xbox Live!!

Done, good luck with your work!

Original Poster

pistol6000;6002156

done....do we get an update on the results?

I can post them in this thread within the next couple of days. I can answer any question people will have regarding the data when its all done.

Ongoing thanks...

filled in

done...

Done also

Just done, hope all goes well with the project

done

all done, i put quite a lot of extra information in at the end for you. Did this in college, it was a pain to analyse all the information so i thought i'd do it properly

cant have you slacking off!

Done. Good luck

Banned

Done, best of luck with your work :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Thanks to all of you! Written 7k, another 8k to go.

holdav;6002017

These.

That, Good luck mate :thumbsup:

done, glad to help.

Done

Done!

Completed. Casual Gamer with all 3 consoles and never played on live - might throw your research off a bit!

Done
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sky Fibre Max22
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4562136
      3. Jeremy Corbyn #traingate1519
      4. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…1011

See more discussions