Groups

please help!

im thinking of getting a cheap laptop with windows me on it, its only for the kids, but i dont want it to be rubbish! its also wireless but will it connect to our router? our other computer runs windows xp and would like 2 no if this is possible?

15 Comments

When you say cheap..what's your budget?..WIN ME...you'll not get that ancient software...Xp at least.

Original Poster

its only £80, but i would like it 2 work ok with things like windows messanger etc.

bluedazza

its only £80, but i would like it 2 work ok with things like windows … its only £80, but i would like it 2 work ok with things like windows messanger etc.

You'd better look on fleabay...for £80 you'll get very little.

Curry I think they are saying they can actually get this laptop for this price mate.

yes Win ME does run windows messenger and such. And yes if it has a wireless adapter in it it will connect to your network.

But as for it bieng any good, I can't really answer that unless you can tell us the specs. I doubt it woudl play games and such but for internet browsing and general stuff it should be ok.

It will play flash games online, it may even play some other games, but as I say without any clue as to whats inside it we can't really comment.

Original Poster

i no that, i only really want 2 go cheap as you no wot kids r like! but if it will be able 2 go wireless id b happy. Really i only want 2 spend upto £150 so this seems quite cheap, its a ibm 570.

Sorry my mistake....as beerman says you'll require a wireless adapter...just make sure it has a slot for the wireless adapter card...it'll be an external card that fits into a slot on the side of the lappy..or it requires a USB input so you can fit a wireless USB doggle..

currychops

When you say cheap..what's your budget?..WIN ME...you'll not get that … When you say cheap..what's your budget?..WIN ME...you'll not get that ancient software...Xp at least.

Are you part of a prize draw:giggle: ?

currychops

Sorry my mistake....as beerman says you'll require a wireless … Sorry my mistake....as beerman says you'll require a wireless adapter...just make sure it has a slot for the wireless adapter card...it'll be an external card that fits into a slot on the side of the lappy.

Could get away with:thumbsup: a belkin USB stick as well if slot is not available

]IBM thinkpad 570

This is very old with poor specs. More hasle then what its worth.

currychops

http://www.bigpockets.co.uk/product.php?lang=&submenu=&menu=&product_id=7622&session=0c229caf072b2bb4fcbd928b4d41ba4ethis is a reasonable bogstandard laptop

Pity its sold out but these are the specs you should be looking out for in yur price range.

Original Poster

the only specs i no of it is 3gbs? if anyone knows wot that means? is this enuff?

bluedazza

the only specs i no of it is 3gbs? if anyone nows wot that means?

Sounds like the size of your hard drive. Not even enough to hold a DVD

stora

Sounds like the size of your hard drive. Not even enough to hold a DVD

Yes it's pretty low spec and the advice is to avoid....better to save some cash and get something more modern....the older spec models will nose dive in price so I expect you may get something decent for about £150 - £200 that will at least have decent storage and not come to a halt when you try to view pictures/video.

Original Poster

thanks 4 the advice everyone. i ll keep a lookout:thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie911
      2. love affairs912
      3. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?817
      4. word association Game73844475

See more discussions