Groups

Please HELP

Hi I am currently trying to sell my car on gumtree and ebay...I have received an email from someone..presumably from gumtree asking whether the car is still available and price info. I replied necessary info and got this reply....:

"ok no problem i will be paying you with my PayPal account because it's attached to my bank account and its safe and very secure way to make payment. If my mode of payment is accepted just send me your paypal email address,(Paypal ID) so i can pay in right away. Make sure you get back to me so that i can make the payment. I have a private courier agent that will come for the pick up after payments has been made, so no shipping included. And if you dont have a paypal account, you can easily go to paypal.com and sign up. its very easy. I await your reply asap"

I was just wondering if anyone has had any previous experience with Gumtree and what the usual proceedings are? (ie. paypal, bank transfer, or I would of thought cash on collection for a car?)

Help is appreciated

Thank-you!

15 Comments

If you were to buy a car, surely you would go and get it yourself!?

Stay clear if I were you...

Stay very clear... Scam!

He'll pay, get someone to pick up the car, reverse the transaction & he gets your car for free!

Banned

its a scam

Not sure if serious?

Cash on collection only, never understand why people need to question this, surely if it sounds iffy it is. You wouldn't go into a dealership and say err can I pay with Escrow.

Banned

i sold my car on ebay recently-never let someone pay through paypal and let someone differnet pick it up. theyll prob claim through paypal saying there is a serious problem with the car or they never got it.

if they want it they should pick it up. cash too

id stay way clear if id receive that email

i bought my new car also from ebay-had to drive over 250 miles to pick it up. and would not of wanted to pay via paypal

good luck-stay clear

Original Poster

should i just say i'm looking fo cash on collection or bank transfer?

X) sounds lie you are UP A GUMTREE

pompeycurry

No, just ignore them altogether, its a scam. Don't send them any more details, don't converse with them, just forget about it.

jah128

No, just ignore them altogether, its a scam. Don't send them any more … No, just ignore them altogether, its a scam. Don't send them any more details, don't converse with them, just forget about it.

This, in all likelyness there trouble. I'd report them also if you can, just make gumtree aware he's trying to deal via pm to get the funds back at a later date.

Banned

id agree, just ignore the message. its a scam. maybe put in your advert "cash on collection only"

pompeycurry

How many times do you need telling? IT IS A SCAM.

One of the oldest ones around as well.

stay well clear, not worth the risk

Who in the right mind would buy a car without checking it out first?! Stay clear.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …233743
      2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523453
      3. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)2837
      4. Show us your Photos 2017. August's Theme - Animals30404

See more discussions