Please help a Teesside Student for a Survey

Found 23rd Mar
I am not sure whether it is appropriate to post here.

My fiancee is a MSc student in Teesside university and her MSc project will study the "Effective Use of Social Media for Small Businesses", this aims to investigate the use of social media in small businesses. There are two objectives in this research for businesses:

(1) to investigate how the usage of social media impacts business revenue for small retail businesses; and
(2) to suggest an effective way for small businesses to use social media with limited staff, money and other resources.

An anonymous survey is designed to find out the attitudes of customers toward social media and how it impacts their confidence and purchasing activities about online shopping from small businesses.

Could you please help to participate the survey and share your opinions?

Link to "Effective Use of Social Media for Small Businesses (As a Customer)"

Link to "Effective Use of Social Media for Small Businesses (As a Business Owner)"

Many Thanks.
Community Updates
  1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
32 Comments
Original Poster
Thanks to the moderator to pass this post. Please note that the surveys will close on 31 March 2018. Your participation is much appreciated!.
With only 33 friends on Facebook, it looks like she will need HUKD's help
Original Poster
she didn't use facebook a lot. However, it needs a complete page when setting up the survey. Otherwise, it will redirect to the front page of the esurv website, even don't leave any chance to say thank you.
Original Poster
If this bothers you, I may ask her to redirect the complete page to this threads?
SuperZ3 m ago

If this bothers you, I may ask her to redirect the complete page to this …If this bothers you, I may ask her to redirect the complete page to this threads?

Didn't bother me. I was directed to her Facebook page after completing the survey.
Original Poster
Predikuesi7 m ago

Didn't bother me. I was directed to her Facebook page after completing the …Didn't bother me. I was directed to her Facebook page after completing the survey.

Yes, there was a setting for the URL to direct after completing the survey in the system. If not set, it will show the website homepage, which always confused me: whether my input has been saved? Currently, it will direct to her facebook, at least showing she is a teesside student rather than some-spam sites. Please forgive my English.
Original Poster
Predikuesi16 m ago

Didn't bother me. I was directed to her Facebook page after completing the …Didn't bother me. I was directed to her Facebook page after completing the survey.

Forgot to say, thank you very much for the help with the survey.
Done
Original Poster
More participates are still wanted.
Tell her the metal spatula legally counts as a knife, that's why need check ID.
Original Poster
Rubisco2 m ago

Tell her the metal spatula legally counts as a knife, that's why need …Tell her the metal spatula legally counts as a knife, that's why need check ID.

That explains. Thanks, you're so nice.
Interesting. Many years ago (20), i did my MBA dissertation on the impact of the Internet on small business. In those days, it was the Glocalisation focus.

I have a technical comment on the user survey. You assume I use Social Media (compulsory tick box to proceed). So I ticked Twitter as I very occasionally look at things. Actually, I don't use Social Media at all as a consumer.
Original Poster
ccnp9 m ago

Interesting. Many years ago (20), i did my MBA dissertation on the impact …Interesting. Many years ago (20), i did my MBA dissertation on the impact of the Internet on small business. In those days, it was the Glocalisation focus.I have a technical comment on the user survey. You assume I use Social Media (compulsory tick box to proceed). So I ticked Twitter as I very occasionally look at things. Actually, I don't use Social Media at all as a consumer.

Thanks for your time and comments. Yes, the world changes so quick... 20 years ago, one of my classmate put a VCD into a loose gap of PC's casing because he didn't know where the CD drive was; now my children still don't know where the CD drive is (because CD drive is not built-in in many decent PC).

I actually ask her a similar question and suggest an answer of NO Social Media to be added. She denied me because all following questions are related to social media and "who don't have a social media account now"; now I found one.
Just done the survey, hope it helps
Original Poster
summerof767 m ago

Just done the survey, hope it helps

Thank you very much for the help.
SuperZ19 m ago

Thank you very much for the help.

Got to help a fellow Northerner
I too don’t have any social media accounts, do you want me to do the survey (as a customer) and just pretend I do when answering the questions? But that might not give a true survey response?
Done hope it helps
Done, but it’s quite a poor survey.

Eg. What is a ‘nice post’?!

If this is for a dissertation I would reconsider the wording because I think you can probably improve the questions.

I understand what what you want to ask but it’s not well implemented and can be significantly improved.

However, if it’s for a tutorial etc, it’s fine and you’ll probably get the results you expect and will be ‘fine’.
done
I would happily do , however I also do nothave any social media accounts , so don't want to spoil the results .
Original Poster
Toptrumpet10 h, 57 m ago

I too don’t have any social media accounts, do you want me to do the s …I too don’t have any social media accounts, do you want me to do the survey (as a customer) and just pretend I do when answering the questions? But that might not give a true survey response?

Thank you for your support. No need to participate survey if you don't use social media.
Original Poster
Liz_Seymour9 h, 26 m ago

Done hope it helps

Thank you very much for your help. very appreciated.
Original Poster
sicklysweet9 h, 16 m ago

Done, but it’s quite a poor survey. Eg. What is a ‘nice post’?!If this is f …Done, but it’s quite a poor survey. Eg. What is a ‘nice post’?!If this is for a dissertation I would reconsider the wording because I think you can probably improve the questions. I understand what what you want to ask but it’s not well implemented and can be significantly improved. However, if it’s for a tutorial etc, it’s fine and you’ll probably get the results you expect and will be ‘fine’.

Thank you very much for your time and feedback. I think 'nice post' means interesting or detailed description with beautiful pictures or info-graphics. please forgive the poor English and I think her final paper will be proof-read and will be much better.
Original Poster
miles1363 h, 24 m ago

done

Thank you very much for your kind help.
Original Poster
tinkerbellian3 h, 2 m ago

I would happily do , however I also do nothave any social media accounts , …I would happily do , however I also do nothave any social media accounts , so don't want to spoil the results .

Thanks for the support. no worries about survey if you don't have social media account.
Done
SuperZ10 h, 59 m ago

Thank you very much for your time and feedback. I think 'nice post' means …Thank you very much for your time and feedback. I think 'nice post' means interesting or detailed description with beautiful pictures or info-graphics. please forgive the poor English and I think her final paper will be proof-read and will be much better.

The problem is if the final paper/dissertation is based on what can be considered a poor survey the final mark will suffer.

It is something for them to consider, as ‘nice post’ isn’t worthy of a dissertation and the whole thing can be significantly improved upon (thus resulting in a better dissertation and grade).

Sorry if it comes across as harsh but I wish her all the best and it’s meant as constructive advice.
Original Poster
sicklysweet11 h, 21 m ago

The problem is if the final paper/dissertation is based on what can be …The problem is if the final paper/dissertation is based on what can be considered a poor survey the final mark will suffer. It is something for them to consider, as ‘nice post’ isn’t worthy of a dissertation and the whole thing can be significantly improved upon (thus resulting in a better dissertation and grade). Sorry if it comes across as harsh but I wish her all the best and it’s meant as constructive advice.

Thanks for the valuable comments. However, I wouldn't try to persuade her to change for two reasons: research needs diversities; and her supervisor seems happy.
Original Poster
Just to remind: this survey will be close on 31 March and more participates are still welcome. Many thanks.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants