Groups

Please help! Any good for a 9yr old to play minecraft etc on?

Hi, I'm hoping for some of HUKD's expert advice please. My son wants a pc to play 9yr old games on for Christmas however money is a bit tight so I'm looking for something that will do the job for now. I have no idea though, is this any good do you think?

6 Comments

Not seeing a link but pretty much any laptop will play minecraft

123batman321

Not seeing a link but pretty much any laptop will play minecraft

Not true. If adding mods - which every 9yr old does - any laptop will not do. You do actually need more than onboard/chip graphics for most of the more demanding mods.

You can pick up a basic PC for £50 (or less); as long as it isnt too old, you can upgrade the cpu, memory and graphics card as you can afford to.

My 3 y/o has a scrap built PC made of left over parts and a mobo from a dead PC; it needed a new cpu (99p Amazon) and a better heatsink (£12 Amazon). Now she has a PC that is faster than her mums - which cost £350.

(Am I a bad parent for letting her play LOTRO ??)

Tesco Outlet have refurbished laptops with 12 months warranty, had few refurbs all been brand new.
    stores.ebay.co.uk/Tes…c=1

Gentle_Giant

You can pick up a basic PC for £50 (or less); as long as it isnt too old, … You can pick up a basic PC for £50 (or less); as long as it isnt too old, you can upgrade the cpu, memory and graphics card as you can afford to.My 3 y/o has a scrap built PC made of left over parts and a mobo from a dead PC; it needed a new cpu (99p Amazon) and a better heatsink (£12 Amazon). Now she has a PC that is faster than her mums - which cost £350.(Am I a bad parent for letting her play LOTRO ??)

​you're speaking gibberish to her

Original Poster

Thanks guys, I meant to include a link to a pc on ebay. I was thinking that as long as it has quad core and some kind of graphics card and operating system I'm ok? I think as he gets older he'll want a better system so I thought I could add better bits later iykwim?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Beds33
      2. What to do?????34
      3. Any free Now TV sports passes?22
      4. Best VR games?22

See more discussions