PLEASE HELP!! AnyAlternative Router for EE Fibre Brightbox 2

Found 21st Jun 2016
Hi I have had enough with this useless EE Brightbox 2,so I went and purchased Asus AC2400 router and now am stuck on getting it to work with my EE fibre Broadband. Do I need to buy a modem? Please help!!
Community Updates
6 Comments
EE use authentication so you'll need to find a way to input your username and password into your asus router. either that or just use your asus router in AP mode only and use the brightbox just as a modem
robbinshire

Do I need to buy a modem? Please help!!

If you've bought the Asus RT-AC87U then yes, you'll need a second box to act as a VDSL modem as it doesn't include one.
adamspencer95

EE use authentication so you'll need to find a way to input your username … EE use authentication so you'll need to find a way to input your username and password into your asus router. either that or just use your asus router in AP mode only and use the brightbox just as a modem

Thanks for your response Adam,I have got my username and password for authentication but still won't connect to the internet.If I have to use the BrightBox as modem how do I connect from my Asus to the Brightbox? And will that stabilize and improve my connection cos BrightBox has been a total mess.
EndlessWaves

If you've bought the Asus RT-AC87U then yes, you'll need a second box to … If you've bought the Asus RT-AC87U then yes, you'll need a second box to act as a VDSL modem as it doesn't include one.

Thanks a lot mate, Do you have any suggestions?One that will work perfectly with Asus RT AC87U cos networking is way out of my comfort zone.
robbinshire

Thanks for your response Adam,I have got my username and password for … Thanks for your response Adam,I have got my username and password for authentication but still won't connect to the internet.If I have to use the BrightBox as modem how do I connect from my Asus to the Brightbox? And will that stabilize and improve my connection cos BrightBox has been a total mess.

connect the the bright box to the Asus router using ethernet then log into the bright box and disable dhcp
robbinshire

Thanks for your response Adam,I have got my username and password for … Thanks for your response Adam,I have got my username and password for authentication but still won't connect to the internet.If I have to use the BrightBox as modem how do I connect from my Asus to the Brightbox? And will that stabilize and improve my connection cos BrightBox has been a total mess.

​that will use your bright box as a modem and the Asus as your router... it should stabilize your connection providing the problem is the bright box router and not the actual connection itself
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants