Groups

Please Help - Can a CD-ROM be played in the car?

Hi,

I feel so silly asking this, but I'm buying a book from Amazon which comes with a CD-ROM which I'd like to listen to in the car or place on my iPod. Can anyone tell me if this is possible please?

10 Comments

Unfortunately not. It can only be used in a PC.

Is it an Audio CD? If it plays in your Hi-fi then it will play in your car

Cds can be played but cd roms wont unless you have a inbuilt car computer

What book is it, do you have a link?

Depends, if its a normal CD with no interface then yep all ok.

Interface, i.e. like a game, film, when you load it up on the cd rom does it auto play music or go to a menu with install, options etc?

Original Poster

blanka;4630283

What book is it, do you have a link?Depends, if its a normal CD with no … What book is it, do you have a link?Depends, if its a normal CD with no interface then yep all ok.Interface, i.e. like a game, film, when you load it up on the cd rom does it auto play music or go to a menu with install, options etc?

Thanks, it's amazon.co.uk/4-H…8-2 I can't seem to find it on audio CD anywhere :-(

looks like the cd rom contains mp3 data therefore will only play in your car if you have a head unit that will play mp3s, you could always convert it to audio

Quite a few CD players will be able to play this, although computer data isn't exactly melodic and will sound very much like a high pitched EEEOOWOWOOEEEEWWOOWEEEEEE.
    Each to their own, I suppose....

Very ,very easy to turn any CD with sound into any audio file .If it's a music/audio CD ,this can be converted to play on a mp3 player .ie ipod etc.If it meant to be played only on a PC , then the sound can be captured , then converted to a mp3 .I've used this method to capture sound tracks from DVD's to convert to mp3. Infact any sound going through the speakers can be captured ie ,sounds from internet sites etc.

get nero, copy disk to a folder, use nero , select make audio cd select the files let nero do the rest, nero do a 30 day trial, ( windows users that is ) linux, use serpentine cd creator, gets more on. ps Ricko how about a brief explanation on how you do it, they might not be used to computing

Well ,for CD copying I 've used Cdex for years now ,but there are others . Install Cdex and place your CD into the CD tray and open Cdex . The program highlites the tracks automatically by placing ticks in boxes , if you dont want to rip a track ,just untick the box .The icons on the right hand side offer the formats to rip to . ie to .wav file or to mp3 file .Click on the mp3 icon and the program will rip the CD and place the tracks into a folder in Documents & Settings , your profiles ,my music , no title -to artist etc . You can get a free tagger if your want to rename the tracks , ie title ,artist ,year etc .
    There is a very good ripper for free supplied with Compaq laptops called MusicMatch , you can get it for free from the website .It has a good ripper incorperated into the program as well as being able to play them and create playlists .This program when used for ripping has to boxes you fill in on the right hand side of the program , artist and song title . When ripping starts this places your tracks into the named folder .
    To record directly from a internet source or from a CD/DVD I use a program called LoopRecord . This captures any sound that goes through your speakers , be it from a CD/DVD ,internet ,etc. It saves the track as a .wav file , I edit using CoolEdit then convert to .mp3 . I believe Audacity will do the same thing , capture sound from a source.
    All this may sound abit tricky , but it's not really , a few go's and it will be easy , but like most things on a PC or laptop you cannot do anything unless you have the right software .
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1117
      2. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…22
      3. Sad news about Barcelona26113
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764188

See more discussions