Groups

Please help. Can I put my camcorder tapes (small ones) onto a disc?

And if so, what do I need?
    Is it complicated? I'm not very technically minded!!
    Thanks in advance x

8 Comments

You need to first of all transfer the video to a pc using either firewire or usb. then burn to disc.
    by the way is it mini dv.

use a DVD recorder. They are pretty cheap at the moment

Original Poster

[QUOTE
    by the way is it mini dv.[/QUOTE]
    Oh thanks:oops:

Original Poster

saayinla;2054742

You need to first of all transfer the video to a pc using either firewire … You need to first of all transfer the video to a pc using either firewire or usb. then burn to disc.by the way is it mini dv.

snowtiger;2054747

Good forums here for this kind of … Good forums here for this kind of thinghttp://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=696917

Thanks for that will take a look

Original Poster

waygood;2054752

use a DVD recorder. They are pretty cheap at the moment

Thanks

Basically you will need a firewire port oon your PC these are around £10 if you dont have one and they normally come with the lead that connects your camcorder to your PC as this is how I did it!! The files get transferred over and you might have Widows Movie Maker and you can add titles,farmes etc to make it look better and then allow you to burn it on DVD. It takes ages to transfer and uses up alot of HD space so hope you got some spare as its around 10GB for 20 minutes????

Original Poster

Naeem786;2054805

Basically you will need a firewire port oon your PC these are around £10 … Basically you will need a firewire port oon your PC these are around £10 if you dont have one and they normally come with the lead that connects your camcorder to your PC as this is how I did it!! The files get transferred over and you might have Widows Movie Maker and you can add titles,farmes etc to make it look better and then allow you to burn it on DVD. It takes ages to transfer and uses up alot of HD space so hope you got some spare as its around 10GB for 20 minutes????

Arrh, Thanks for that x x
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News77
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764386
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?33197
      4. Rest In Peace Jerry Lewis.66

See more discussions