Please help! Confused about John Lewis JLTDH23 Heat Pump Tumble Dryer, 8kg

Found 25th Nov 2017
We need a tumble dryer and I'm looking at this product:

m.johnlewis.com/joh…262

It says in the product specs the venting position is at the front. For venting type, it states heat pump.

I spoke to John Lewis to clarify if it is a vented or condenser as it says venting position at the front. The woman said it lets out damp air from the front.

Now I thought the whole point of a dryer was to dry clothes and either vent the moisture outside or contain the water in an internal container.

So I'm confused about this and wondered if anyone can clarify if this is a condenser or vented machine.
Thanks.
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
I would say it's vented however you wouldn't want to use it in a confined space. A lot of dough for a dryer too - a normal vented one will do the job for less than £200
" Heat Pump Tumble Dryers
Heat Pump Tumble Dryers work in the same way as condenser tumble dryers by storing the moisture in a container. However, they have heat pump technology to reuse the hot air that is normally lost. This reuse of energy makes heat pump tumble dryers the most energy efficient on the market."

Not sure if this is what is ment however our heat pump can be vented by this it is refering to the condensed water. So instead of having to empty the water tray it flows out the back into what looks ike a hose and this can be fed directly into a drain. However as mine is not near a drain we use the tray to collect the condensed water and put it down our toilet.
Edited by: "hubcms" 25th Nov 2017
Original Poster
Thanks guys. Looks like it is a condenser dryer.

I contacted John Lewis again and after several hours they managed to confirm it is a condenser dryer.

I was quite confused as the first lady I spoke to from John Lewis said it was neither a vented nor a condenser dryer, and that the air that was extracted from the clothes gets vented out from the machine and into the room via the vents at the bottom of the machine.
I've placed the order with 5yrs extended warranty.
zara_x25th Nov 2017

Thanks guys. Looks like it is a condenser dryer. I contacted John Lewis …Thanks guys. Looks like it is a condenser dryer. I contacted John Lewis again and after several hours they managed to confirm it is a condenser dryer. I was quite confused as the first lady I spoke to from John Lewis said it was neither a vented nor a condenser dryer, and that the air that was extracted from the clothes gets vented out from the machine and into the room via the vents at the bottom of the machine. I've placed the order with 5yrs extended warranty.

Are you happy with the machine?looking to get it myself. My local store didn’t have one on display sadly
Original Poster
pidgeofcdf7th Jan

Are you happy with the machine?looking to get it myself. My local store …Are you happy with the machine?looking to get it myself. My local store didn’t have one on display sadly

Hi. Sorry for the late reply. Only just seen your message now. Yes I am happy with the machine. It's very quiet and dries the clothes very well.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions