Please help - Duratec treadmill, company gone bust!

Found 14th May 2008
Hello

Please can I get some advice as to what to do?

I bought a high-spec treadmill off of ebay seller technofit-direct for 460 pounds. The ebay link:

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/…dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150235221945&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=005

I paid directly via PayPal. Initially, there was no reply from the seller to all my emails. I waited 10 days, and then opened a PayPal dispute claim.

I phoned duratec up and they said they were experiencing delays, but the treadmill would be despatched soon. I continued to wait.

Finally, they said they had dispatched the treadmill on 28th April. However, I was due to fly out to the US that week, so told Duratec if they could tell the delivery company to hold on to the treadmill till I returned. They spoke to the delivery company and phoned me back saying they will keep it till I return.

They did not give me a consignment number.

I am due to come back to the UK this friday.

However, I have found out today by several people leaving feeback in the seller's ebay account that the company has now gone in to liquidation!

What do I do now?

Duratec are known by various names... they have the following branches:

3c-leisure.co.uk
technofit.co.uk (a proper site)
duratec-fitness.co.uk

I am trying to call them from the US but cannot get through.

Unfortunately, and I regret this deeply, the paypal dispute claim automatically closed yesterday! I was going to escalate it to a dispute today but it is now closed and I cannot

I paid via debit card (through paypal) - First Direct. They are also unable to help me get my money back.

I assume technofit and duratec use the same delivery company, so this page:
technofit.co.uk/cus…spx

says they use Palletways. I have spoken to them (they are the local delivery company) - they said the item is not with them and I need to contact the courier company who actually picked the item up from the seller but I do not know which company that is

Please can anyone offer any assistance as to what I can do, either getting the treadmill delivered, or getting my money back.

Thank you.

2 Comments

hotukdeals.com/ite…end

maby thi sis same selll have a look at this thread for advise sorry but i no good at this type of advice dont have a clue what im talking baout

mostwanteddirect;2097212

maby thi sis same selll have a look at this thread for advise sorry but i … maby thi sis same selll have a look at this thread for advise sorry but i no good at this type of advice dont have a clue what im talking baout

nor are you able to spell
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants