Groups

Please help find a hotel!

After being let down majorly by a hotel I am now looking for a new one to stay at this Saturday (12th) for one night. I need somewhere super amazing, as it's for a special occasion, and I need to spoil her hehe. It needs to have a roll-top bath at least, either be super super modern and cool, or old timey and 'posh'. Budget is £250 for the night, don't need food. Somewhere in the midlands.

Please please please help, I've gone a bit insane trawling through 'luxury' hotels which really aren't.

I'll be eternally grateful and give everyone at least a million internet points.

Thanks

15 Comments

Banned

I can highly recommend The Lace Market hotel in Nottingham, stayed recently in their superior suite, has a roll top bath, queen size bed, minibar, all sorts of good stuff.

Does have its own restaurant as well.

look at expedia. also 12.5% top cash back

Supermod

Have a look at the HotelTonight app and specifically their category of "High Roller" or "Luxe". Never used it in the Midlands but you might get a good deal from it if there is any listings for your location.

Taking her to Loughborough fair are you...? I don't know if they have one in the Midlands, but a big Radisson Blu suite is pretty nice (and they do a great breakfast).

Original Poster

magicjay1986

Have a look at the HotelTonight app and specifically their category of … Have a look at the HotelTonight app and specifically their category of "High Roller" or "Luxe". Never used it in the Midlands but you might get a good deal from it if there is any listings for your location.

Downloaded it but can't see any options for different categories?

Supermod

sancho1983

Downloaded it but can't see any options for different categories?

Once you find the location the list of hotels will show as either Basic, Luxe etc

Original Poster

Ah, ok cool. I see 'solid' 'basic' and stuff, not come across any luxe yet, wish I could just see all of the top hotels available on that night Haha.

Oh well, I'll try a few destinations and see. Thanks man

if you can get down to oxford, the malmaison in the prison is very good and very reasonably priced

Original Poster

lufc_ginge

if you can get down to oxford, the malmaison in the prison is very good … if you can get down to oxford, the malmaison in the prison is very good and very reasonably priced

Oxford would be cool, I'll check it out. Thanks!

hey Sancho... not being rude or anything.. if she's none too impressed by what you pick for her (knowing the 1 night £ budget), she might not be the gal for you! x

Original Poster

buyingstuff

hey Sancho... not being rude or anything.. if she's none too impressed … hey Sancho... not being rude or anything.. if she's none too impressed by what you pick for her (knowing the 1 night £ budget), she might not be the gal for you! x

Haha, yeah, I know what you're saying, but we go away quite a bit, and tend to spend £80-100 on a hotel, so wanted to make sure it had something a little extra to that. As, like I said, it's an important occasion.

Check i-escape.com for boutique high end hotels in UK (and abroad) - there's a couple of hotels on there that are midlands based.

i-escape.com/

HTH ☺

sancho1983

Haha, yeah, I know what you're saying, but we go away quite a bit, and … Haha, yeah, I know what you're saying, but we go away quite a bit, and tend to spend £80-100 on a hotel, so wanted to make sure it had something a little extra to that. As, like I said, it's an important occasion.

swit swoooo

Original Poster

jo_bob

Check i-escape.com for boutique high end hotels in UK (and abroad) - … Check i-escape.com for boutique high end hotels in UK (and abroad) - there's a couple of hotels on there that are midlands based. https://www.i-escape.com/HTH ☺

Thank you very much

Original Poster

Well... I found a cool hotel, in Ipswich of all places. And she said yes
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains98
      2. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon33
      3. Win a Free minion usb stick88
      4. Win a pair of running shoes up to the value of £100 with UKRunChat99

See more discussions