Expired

Please help finding a replacement laptop for my university study

Found 6th Jan
My asus laptop gave out over the holiday

It was basic 2gb ram win 8 10.6inch

Looking for something similar for the lowest possible price

£300 max budget but £200 would be better

I have looked everywhere but it seems so expensive and all the hard drives are live 128gb ssd cards and stuff

So hopefully if anyone knows of a quality laptop deal or model i can look for with;

2ghz, 4gb, at least 250gb storage no online rubbish,

any of these extras would be a big bonus;

1080p, some better graphics than intel hd basic, 10.6" or 10", 500gb or 1TB HD, win 8

your help is really appreciated, last time i posted when i needed a TV some beautiful person put me onto a Sony Bravia and it has been amazing, so many thanks in adv.
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
Have you considered repairing it? If you're lucky you may be able to replace the failed component.
matthewjhansford35 m ago

Have you considered repairing it? If you're lucky you may be able to …Have you considered repairing it? If you're lucky you may be able to replace the failed component.

Yes but ever since I spilled tea on it, it has been really broken, and it was only £100 pre owned a year ago, thanks
Fingerblaster53 m ago

Windows only systems are for the poor and uneducated

Troll or idiot? Which are you?
Look at the Lenovo thinkpad x240 range click. Select one with a SSD and 8GB RAM.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 6th Jan
RiverDragon87 m ago

Look at the Lenovo thinkpad x240 range click. Select one with a SSD and …Look at the Lenovo thinkpad x240 range click. Select one with a SSD and 8GB RAM.

Ok great, thanks
thanks for the help so far i find this one ticks the most boxes

hotukdeals.com/dea…212

If anyone finds something similar for £300 im golden
So you're not looking for a portable laptop, you're just looking for a laptop.
RiverDragon81 h, 48 m ago

So you're not looking for a portable laptop, you're just looking for a …So you're not looking for a portable laptop, you're just looking for a laptop.

Portable is very useful but not essential, my university is 1 stop away on the train. The real issue is cost against quality spec and making a wise investment that suits as many of my listed requirements.

The one I linked does everything I listed except be easily portable and under £300 but does have a 3 year warranty.

The ones you linked me were really good but as I do not have a way to play 1080p movies (no desktop PC ect) 1080p is going to be a definite requirement. I could probably go up to £400 if it gets me all I need.

And thank you for helping me as I'm still looking everywhere.
Edited by: "UltraPeace" 7th Jan
Check dell's outlet store. This one is in your budget range: 4415 CPU, 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD, DVD DRIVE, 15.6" 1366x768 DISPLAY for £252.
Edited by: "bjrosl" 7th Jan
bjrosl18 m ago

Check dell's outlet store. This one is in your budget range: 4415 CPU, …Check dell's outlet store. This one is in your budget range: 4415 CPU, 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD, DVD DRIVE, 15.6" 1366x768 DISPLAY for £210.

Just been on dell's outlet store it's really promising, the one you mention is very good value, however since my original question I have made 1080p a priority and 256gb ssd too, although amazon sell one for like £50 so.. thank you.
UltraPeace3 m ago

Just been on dell's outlet store it's really promising, the one you …Just been on dell's outlet store it's really promising, the one you mention is very good value, however since my original question I have made 1080p a priority and 256gb ssd too, although amazon sell one for like £50 so.. thank you.

New deals get posted on the outlet store, you may still find what you want. Good luck.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants