Groups
    EXPIRED

Please help laptop charger needed dont no where to trust!!

Basically my youngest daughter has cut the adaptor wire in half on my eldests daughters laptop. (pls dont ask long story am absolutly fuming!!!!!!!!)
    in desperate need to get her a new one but dont no where to go and what to trust, dont really trust ebay!
    basically she's got a emachines E620 series
    model no. KAW60 DC rating : 19v
    also got on it emachines E620-263g16mi

the charger it did have was a HIPRO model no. HP-OK065B13
    input 100-240v
    output 19v

dont no if anyone can help but any help will be greatly appreciated x

16 Comments

I know what you mean but there are a lot of trustworthy sellers on Ebay, make sure they are based in the uk by choosing closest to you in the search options, I had to get a new charger for my girlfriends samsung laptop ,was going to cost £30+ at a shop got one on ebay for £10, works perfect!

Honestly cheapest option possible!

Banned

go to ebay and type this in the search

(this is the cheapest uk based one)

try cclonline thy r very good

I got a new laptop charger from ebay a couple of weeks ago and had no probs. just check their feedback before buying

Original Poster

ive looked at a few on ebay and they were all comin up with bad feedback saying things like melted and blew up etc not really words u wanna be reading lol xx

That ebay no. u gave me is the one with the above bad feedback lol x

try here... power4laptops.co.uk/hp/…tml

From what I can see your laptop and the HP one share the same charger, you might want to double check 1st though

Banned

i got mine off ebay, it chuffed my laptop up, its never worked since, dont know what it did but laptop dont work any longer than a couple of mins and crashes, happened immediately on buying a charger off ebay, so as well as gfood ones on there, there is also bad ones

Banned

cosmicdav3;6521740

try here... … try here... http://power4laptops.co.uk/hp/hp-compaq-hp-ok065b13-lf-laptop-power-ac-adapter-charger-adp11-/prod_14059.htmlFrom what I can see your laptop and the HP one share the same charger, you might want to double check 1st though

they are on ebay, its where i got mine from, do not buy off these

Original Poster

sassie;6521755

thanks sass always appreciate your advice and help!!! xxx :thumbsup:

now im even more stumped its so hard to no who to trust guess im prob gna have to make do with getting ripped off by pc world!

Rep left for all xxx

sassie;6521755

In that case try rolta.co.uk/com…asp more expensive though!

Do you know anyone whose handy with a soldering iron?

If the wires just been cut in two (and especially if it wasn't plugged in at the time) its a fairly simply repair if you know someone whose does any electronics...

Don't buy new cheap chargers from eBay, look for used genuine chargers, if you see a toshiba one of same spec and plug then get that as they are usually better quality than others.

or try maplin instead of pc world. usually about £30 as opposed to about £60 at pc world!

scissors, electric tape, knife, duct tape manually fix imo.

schizoboy;6522363

scissors, electric tape, knife, duct tape manually fix, raging inferno … scissors, electric tape, knife, duct tape manually fix, raging inferno imo.

I bought a couple off ebay as my daughter broke her original one, but these didnt last long as they broke at the jack plug. So bought the last one from the Students Union IT shop cost £30 and if a multi adaptor where the jack's change in size to suit your socket plus you can change the voltage to suit. I was told by the IT guys that if the voltage on a replacement one is to high it will fry your battery and the battery life between charges will get less & less.

If it is just the cable that has been cut you can always get a Cable Connector from B&Q or Maplin for under £1 and rejoin the cable at the cut
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. love affairs1649
      2. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1525
      3. Important info for Ryanair customers1825
      4. word association Game73944491

See more discussions