Groups

Please help, looking for a new digital camera

Hi, I need a bit of help trying to find a new digital camera. Mine finally gave up the ghost at the weekend - admittedly it was held together with sellotape!

I admit I won't understand the spec so please don't baffle me with science! I need it to take pretty good pictures, have a good zoom on it (the restraining order won't let me get too close to Jonny Depp!) and maybe have a couple of other clever bits and pieces and all for a reasonable price.

I know you guys are pretty good at helping out. - Thanks in advance :-)

5 Comments

I recommend a camera like this one
    amazon.co.uk/Son…-19

you may be able to find a better price.

I recently bought one of these and am really happy with it
    ]http//ww…tml
    Build quality is superb, it takes lovely pics, has a decent zoom and will easily fit in your pocket. Also fairly easy to use
    There don't seem to be many deals online, but we bought ours in red from Boots instore.
    Good luck with the search - I found the best thing is to walk down a highstreet to handle the real items. Buying online is no subsitute for this. Then look for a deal on line once you've made a shortlist.

Original Poster

Thanks, this gives me something to go on.

If you want a compact, then this is the ]one I use. It has a 4x Optical zoom, where as most compacts have 3x. If you want something a bit meatier, then ]this is newer model of the other camera I use with 12x zoom.

This is a nice compact with a 10X optical zoom:-
    amazon.co.uk/Pan…g_7
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Question for electrician on bathroom fan45
      2. Cheapest way to obtain Microsoft Office?45
      3. To buy Iphone 611
      4. What is the true cost of 4K HDR home cinema entertainment in 2017?710

See more discussions