Groups
    EXPIRED

Please help me buy a laptop

I know people are always posting lap top deals on here but because I don't actually know anything about laptops it is hard for me to decide what's a good deal and what's not!

So I figured if I tell you what I will be using the lap top for then you may be able to point me in the right direction of a really good deal.

So I'm going to be using it mainly for college/Uni work and will need it to be good for this for the next 3-4 years (yes I will take out insurance) I also use the internet a lot for chatting and would like a decent webcam as well and possibly a microphone.

I will be downloading music quite often and would like to be able to watch the occassional movie.

Also, at present we have a printer hooked up to the PC but I would like to get a wireless printer (preferably copier/scanner/printer in one) that I can run both my lap top and PC off so any suggestions for that would be appreciated as well.

So am I asking for too much, can someone find me a fab deal, oh and lets not forget it has to look good as well, :w00t: :giggle: hope someone can help.

11 Comments

Dell Pc's are always reliable and good value

if your not using it for gaming and only for work eg word excel, access then a cheap one should do as the cheapest laptops will be able to handle those applications.

Original Poster

I've been told tyo get a dual something or another so it doesn't run slow and am I right in thinking that Windows Vista is ****?

duo core? you dont need that unless your gaming or perhaps running autocad or some graphics package.

i havent used vista but i have seen a lot of bad reviews for it

Original Poster

Thanks for the help so far.

Any other suggestions or deals people know about?

Just wait a little and Dell will have a sub £300 laptop along in a while.
    ]http//ww…top

You just missed out on the one posted above.

This would allow you to get a decent webcam and mic - shouldn't be more than £20-£30 combined. You can pick up a headset from the pound shop.

If you're using it at Uni you might like to get a USB Freeview stick for £20 for watching the tv.

hi charliebrown just wondering how long will we have to wait for these £300 laptops again, " gutted i missed out on thatt one"

dastley

hi charliebrown just wondering how long will we have to wait for these … hi charliebrown just wondering how long will we have to wait for these £300 laptops again, " gutted i missed out on thatt one"

Every week dell have new offers, on thursdays i believe.

I got one of the £292 laptops and i must say they are superb for the price, i'm on it now infact.

dastley

hi charliebrown just wondering how long will we have to wait for these … hi charliebrown just wondering how long will we have to wait for these £300 laptops again, " gutted i missed out on thatt one"

About a week and a half ...... only the hard disk has gone from 120gb to 60gb, plenty space still though.
    hotukdeals.com/for…586

Again MikeT and his Dell deals.

check out buyit247 .com they have massive range of back to school laptops
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Free minion usb stick88
      2. Win a pair of running shoes up to the value of £100 with UKRunChat99
      3. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2324
      4. Win a two day trip to Greenwich with VisitLondon22

See more discussions