Groups

Please help me choose!

Hi,

I'm looking at the Toshiba and the Lenovo on the argos outlet ebay for a present.

hotukdeals.com/tag/dea…226
    hotukdeals.com/tag/dea…363

Would either of them meet these min. specs? It's not a deal breaker but if one of them did that would make it an easy choice.

•CPU: Intel Pentium® or AMD @ 1,5 Ghz
    •RAM: XP (SP2) – 1 GB / Vista – 1.5 GB
    •HD space: 6gig Free Space
    •Video: 64 MB Shader Model 2.0 Graphics cards such as GeForce FX (5 series) class card or higher, ATi 9500, x300 series or higher and Similar chips from other manufacturers
    •Drivers: DirectX® 9.0c (included) and latest video drivers
    •DVD-ROM : 2 speed DVD reader or greater required.

Please help me choose between them, I have no idea which is better. OS is not an issue as I can source my own.

8 Comments

Banned

The lenovo. As a personal choice I'd go for it, and for what seems to be little more it's a better spec.

Original Poster

Thanks. Are they built bettere?

Toshiba CPU is better choice ...saying that though on double checking the Amd Athlon II is now at position 128 and the dual core Celeron t3100 is at pos 133 when show only notebook CPUs is selected on notebookcheck.net/Mob…tml
    Edited by: "dontasciime" 3rd Dec 2010

Original Poster

Thank you - which is better overall and will either or both meet these min specs?
    Processor: Dual core processor 2.6 GHz Intel Pentium D or AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+
    Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or better
    Memory 1GB
    Hard Drive: 30GB

This game is Conan online.

neither

Original Poster

Thanks very much

I would go for Toshiba.

Considering that there isnt a great deal of choice between them spec wise I would have to plump for the lenovo. The toshiba is one ugly laptop! it already looks old and dated so if this is going to be for a young person to which looks will matter I would go for the lenovo.

Ive had a play around with a toshiba similar to that one at uni and they are very plasticy, cheap and tacky
    Edited by: "dh058977" 4th Dec 2010
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk55
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains109
      3. Win a Free minion usb stick1010
      4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2121

See more discussions