Please help me choose a TV

Posted 1st Jul
Hey there

I want to buy a TV. I'm a bit of a privacy-phobe so ideally it would not be "smart" but I understand that pretty much isn't possible these days. So what I'm looking for is:

- 50" + size
- 4k HDR10 if poss
- Ideally at least "good" picture (doesn't have to be the best)
- Don't care about smart features, the less the better
- Must work without a network connection
- Soundbar compatible

My budget is potentially up to £500 but would rather spend closer to 3-400.

Main use case is gaming / media streaming from a network drive using plex / Apple TV, so it should be "good for gaming" (fast response, 60Hz refresh, etc). I'm intending on connecting a PS5 so some future proofing in that sense would also be good but its no deal breaker.

Any advice appreciated!

Cheers
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
gt50
Get yourself on RicherSounds, only place I would shop for a TV
Buy the tv you want and don’t connect it your network if your worried about privacy
discozohan01/07/2020 15:55

Buy the tv you want and don’t connect it your network if your worried a …Buy the tv you want and don’t connect it your network if your worried about privacy

I have read that some TVs will refuse to work without an internet connection, hence mentioning it.
xrgck01/07/2020 16:00

I have read that some TVs will refuse to work without an internet …I have read that some TVs will refuse to work without an internet connection, hence mentioning it.

As Toon army said, go to richer sounds they'll sort you out.
xrgck01/07/2020 16:00

I have read that some TVs will refuse to work without an internet …I have read that some TVs will refuse to work without an internet connection, hence mentioning it.

Never heard that one before! Who told you that? I know a few people with modern TVs but no internet
Toon_army01/07/2020 16:05

Never heard that one before! Who told you that? I know a few people with …Never heard that one before! Who told you that? I know a few people with modern TVs but no internet

That's what they tell the TV licence people
Samsung ue55nu7100 or Samsung ue55nu7400 both are great will cost around or less than £400 and awesome picture quality and best specs
Post a comment
@
    Text