Please help me find a PC for the In-Laws!

8 replies
Found 10th Nov 2009
Morning everyone,

The in-laws want to replace their really old ancient PC and have asked me to find them a suitable PC. They want to spend up tp £400 although ideally around £350 ish.

I found the below Dell deal on here, do people think this would be a good buy for them. They only really use the computer for the internet and the odd bit of word processing. We've bought them a digital camera for christmas so the card reader seems a good bonus.

I'm thinking of telling them to get this ordered but wondered if anybody that knew a little more than myself could advise me if this would do the job or if there are any other alternatives.

hotukdeals.com/ite…-wi

Many thanks! David

1. Misc
  2. PC
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. PC
7 Comments

That PC is more than they'll ever need. It'll do lovely.

Original Poster

DragonChris;6841390

That PC is more than they'll ever need. It'll do lovely.

Thanks Chris, do you think Windows 7 is ok?

dave_lunt2;6841396

Thanks Chris, do you think Windows 7 is ok?

I think Windows 7 is fantastic It would be nicer if it was Professional, but it's unlikely they'll notice the difference - Just bear in mind it's 64bit, whilst this shouldn't be an issue for what they're using it for, it doesn't hurt to be aware of this fact. If they don't like it, you could always install Windows XP onto it again (assuming that's what they're using at the moment - familiarity and all that)

Original Poster

DragonChris;6841461

I think Windows 7 is fantastic It would be nicer if it was … I think Windows 7 is fantastic It would be nicer if it was Professional, but it's unlikely they'll notice the difference - Just bear in mind it's 64bit, whilst this shouldn't be an issue for what they're using it for, it doesn't hurt to be aware of this fact. If they don't like it, you could always install Windows XP onto it again (assuming that's what they're using at the moment - familiarity and all that)

Thanks for your help Chris, I told them that they should go for a PC with Windows 7, no point in getting one with Vista now, will this processor & 3gb of ram run windows 7 quickly & smoothly?

Original Poster

bump!

dave_lunt2;6841474
Thanks for your help Chris, I told them that they should go for a PC with Windows 7, no point in getting one with Vista now, will this processor & 3gb of ram run windows 7 quickly & smoothly?

Sorry Dave.

Yeah it'll run lovely, Vista is a bloated piece of , but 7 has the looks of Vista but better functionality and runs a lot smoother.

Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769250
    2. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery2484
    3. Marks & Spencer Credit Receipt?11
    4. Add one, leave one game54315389

See more discussions