Groups

PLEASE HELP ME VIRUS ON MY COMP

hi all im new and not very good on computers at all.. I know the basics but thats it lol, I have been away for a bit and now my comp isnt working i cannot open spybot or ad aware. When i run pc guard anti virus thingy nothing comes up, The internet is very slow even though i have the top broad band. I have been reading a few posts although i dont understand it im currently running an online scan on panda online scan thingy do i pay for it to fix my comp?? i dont want to take it to the shops as i dont have the money and dont want them to clear all my important photos please please help me someone xxxxxxxxxxxx

12 Comments

try avg, see what that brings up.

go for ccleaner, avast and malwarebytes....

and a decent firewall

thomasc123;4979745

go for ]ccleaner, ]avast and ]malwarebytes....and a decent firewall

updated with links in case your internet isn't working too well :thumbsup:

As above, Avast is good (and free).

If you're using IE, try switching to Firefox or Opera. Get a good firewall and don't surf iffy sites. . .

choc1969;4979775

updated with links in case your internet isn't working too well :thumbsup:

ahhh thanks..more like lazyness

steve1221;4979793

As above, Avast is good (and free). If you're using IE, try switching to … As above, Avast is good (and free). If you're using IE, try switching to Firefox or Opera. Get a good firewall and don't surf iffy sites. . .

definatly firefox or maybe even google chrome (not for me).....

Also id recommend Auslogics Disk Defragmenter (free).... much better and faster than windows version

My advice is not to use AVG. I had been using it for years but their latest version chews processor resources dreadfully. I uninstalled it and installed Avira, and that works very well, and traps events that AVG misses on Web access. And it's free too.

]http//ww…om/

ok so who is going to pull out the linux or mac ???

someones bound to do it

Various companies offer online virus scanners, Kaspersky for example has one ]here.

Banned

can get 6 month avira premium suite here
    hotukdeals.com/ite…fr/

not sure if this is the advice you are looking for as you already state you have the virus?

let panda do its thing and post reults here, sure between everyone you will get it sorted without having to pay anybody anything

Better just formatting your rig and reinstalling windows, start a fresh. :thumbsup:

Banned

Is it Windows 2k/XP/Vista?

If so try running a scan for malware with [url]www.superantispyware.com[/url] (free version)
    Use Full scan mode, complete it and reboot.

for Antivirus software try looking on Amazon, Play, etc. Usually cheaper for the same product than the official site, if you want paid for instead of free.

Some offer AV only, some offer AV plus spyware/malware/spam protection:

Kaspersky kaspersky.com/
    AVG grisoft.com/
    Avast avast.com/
    NOD32 eset.com/
    Panda pandasecurity.com
    BitDefender bitdefender.com/
    Norman norman.com/
    F-Secure f-secure.com/
    Avira avira.com

You may also have a problem with your Broadband service, maybe worth giving your ISP a call to check your line is ok too.

A good shop should backup your system before trashing it, so you shouldn't loose anything, but depends on who does it I guess.

Backup anything important yourself, before trashing the machine and re-installing, if it does come to that.

Hope it helps
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?11
      2. Old one pound coins are they worth more then their face value25
      3. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1954
      4. Virgin Media Price Hike retention Deals1318

See more discussions