Please help me with my 2 year infestation??

Found 29th May
I’ve been herring strung at least 100 times a day, apparently the female sting you and stuck your blood before laying lavrve..?

All I can find is American and they call them “don’t See Ums” or the biting midges....

Seems the housing association I live in refuse to help I’m being told for pest removal countries they are getting in through the vents in
My windows but I have black mound (bottom flat, exterior wall do I have to vent. My flat/ use my dehumidifiers daily...

Does anyone one know if trading and srandards/ invirinental Health is a a last option as it’s been months and they’ve not bothered to reply x
Community Updates
Ask
16 Comments
I don’t know what you’ve been invested with etc but trading standards won’t help here. Try going to your citizens advice bureau for help with who to go to in your local area
Buy yourself a bug bomb and or a midge zapper (there was a great one at the cottage I rented in Scotland, no midges for 1/4 a mile around the cottage)

Then sort your ventilation issues, you need to let the air flow.
I’d first look at the cause of the issue, if your place is damp and it’s warm outside insects that like damp places will seek out your place. You will likely have window vents which is normal. If you dry clothes on a radiator that will be your most likely source of damp, get a condensing tumble dryer (one that puts the water into a tank which can be emptied after each cycle) and doesn’t create any steam.

If you sleep with windows open fit a fly mesh over the window, we had this in our old house as used to get flies due to being close to trees, stopped them in their tracks.

In terms of the house you can get residual sprays which you can spray on carpets and walls to kill off insects, fleas etc for 6 months, then re apply the treatment. In terms of black mould/damp there are paints/treatment that you can apply to the walls to treat it.
cmdr_elito2 h, 16 m ago

I’d first look at the cause of the issue, if your place is damp and it’s wa …I’d first look at the cause of the issue, if your place is damp and it’s warm outside insects that like damp places will seek out your place. You will likely have window vents which is normal. If you dry clothes on a radiator that will be your most likely source of damp, get a condensing tumble dryer (one that puts the water into a tank which can be emptied after each cycle) and doesn’t create any steam.If you sleep with windows open fit a fly mesh over the window, we had this in our old house as used to get flies due to being close to trees, stopped them in their tracks.In terms of the house you can get residual sprays which you can spray on carpets and walls to kill off insects, fleas etc for 6 months, then re apply the treatment. In terms of black mould/damp there are paints/treatment that you can apply to the walls to treat it.

Thank you all for your helpful replies! I spend around 60 on EBay last year in smoke bombs... I might try head office if try and bear it untill I mive xx
Poor thing. I hope you get this sorted.
Are you sure you have not got Pigeon mite? they are clear and small enough where you can barely see them. They bite and leave raised bumps on your body. They are extremely hard to get rid of. They come from a vacated nest or from a Pigeon whos just had babies.

Look them are they are a nightmare.
I didn't realise that the fish was so vicious.
punji40 m ago

Are you sure you have not got Pigeon mite? they are clear and small …Are you sure you have not got Pigeon mite? they are clear and small enough where you can barely see them. They bite and leave raised bumps on your body. They are extremely hard to get rid of. They come from a vacated nest or from a Pigeon whos just had babies. Look them are they are a nightmare.

OMG that sounds like then as assked the ge guy for a full exterminatornaruib price and he
Co could guarantee I’d ever be rid of then... will if be cheaper to move and buy all new?

Added pics.

33877872-G7dpc.jpg
33877872-JxWny.jpg
33877872-haZZU.jpg
Edited by: "Love2shop25" 29th May
I think you should come back and write this all out again when you've sobered up
A
33877933-Jf1LL.jpg
Lmfaoo mike I assure you i don’t drink at all but the constant cleaning and 3/4 days I’m if no sleep are too much x
Love2shop254 h, 30 m ago

Lmfaoo mike I assure you i don’t drink at all but the constant cleaning a …Lmfaoo mike I assure you i don’t drink at all but the constant cleaning and 3/4 days I’m if no sleep are too much x

That’s not good, hope you get it sorted
Love2shop2510 h, 57 m ago

Thank you all for your helpful replies! I spend around 60 on EBay last …Thank you all for your helpful replies! I spend around 60 on EBay last year in smoke bombs... I might try head office if try and bear it untill I mive xx

Something like this may help Rentokil PSI36 Insectrol Insect Killer 250ml Aerosol amazon.co.uk/dp/B000TARC7A/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_q2zdBb0J0R06Y

Something which contains permithrin, you would need a few of these to cover a flat and more to cover a home make sure you read all the safety notices before buying and applying to your home.

Wear a face mask and eye protection whilst spraying and open the windows for 15 mins then you can close them again.
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 29th May
Love2shop2522 h, 50 m ago

OMG that sounds like then as assked the ge guy for a full …OMG that sounds like then as assked the ge guy for a full exterminatornaruib price and heCo could guarantee I’d ever be rid of then... will if be cheaper to move and buy all new?Added pics.[Image] [Image] [Image]

I am 95% certain you have pigeon mite, if you do decide to get pest control in make sure it's for pigeon mite. The guy is right, he cannot guarantee that they will completely go away as you need to remove the source of the problem otherwise they will just keep coming in through the vents. Once the nest has been removed then you will have more of a chance it going away.

It should not cost you more than about £250. It's a time consuming issue as you have to wash ALL YOUR CLOTHES, get rid of old teddies etc, clean the whole house and vacume it, put all your clothes in black bags seal them. clear out cupboards etc.

We had a similar issue but we knew where the nest was, once we had it treated it left us psychologically paranoid thinking we had the mites crawling all over us for almost 2 years. It's not a good feeling, if you was to move then you will need to make sure you are not carrying them with you. They can last up to a year without a blood source (living on a pigeon), they cannot live off human blood but they will bite.

Its cheaper to get the treatment but again until this nest inst removed they will continue to come, or sometime after it's made vacant they will slowly depart after a while.
punji30th May

I am 95% certain you have pigeon mite, if you do decide to get pest …I am 95% certain you have pigeon mite, if you do decide to get pest control in make sure it's for pigeon mite. The guy is right, he cannot guarantee that they will completely go away as you need to remove the source of the problem otherwise they will just keep coming in through the vents. Once the nest has been removed then you will have more of a chance it going away.It should not cost you more than about £250. It's a time consuming issue as you have to wash ALL YOUR CLOTHES, get rid of old teddies etc, clean the whole house and vacume it, put all your clothes in black bags seal them. clear out cupboards etc. We had a similar issue but we knew where the nest was, once we had it treated it left us psychologically paranoid thinking we had the mites crawling all over us for almost 2 years. It's not a good feeling, if you was to move then you will need to make sure you are not carrying them with you. They can last up to a year without a blood source (living on a pigeon), they cannot live off human blood but they will bite.Its cheaper to get the treatment but again until this nest inst removed they will continue to come, or sometime after it's made vacant they will slowly depart after a while.

Thank you so much for your detailed reply! I’ve cleaned/washed every crack and crevice in my flat and even bought toxic outdoor insecticide.

But...

Their back! They now seem to be wetting everywhere with a sticky clear/orange substance and leave what looks like brown lint all over my carpet : |

I don’t know if I mentioned the Black mould but I’ll upload photos if anyone can confirm this is the same creature (please) I’m definitely going to move in the next month or 2 but I’m scared I’ll take them to my new flat : ( so I need to get the number of them down lol.

34790249-SChnf.jpg
34790285.jpg

Could a Mod bump this up please?
Edited by: "Love2shop25" 16th Aug
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants