Please help need cheap PAYG dongle deals please

Hi my grandad who has not got wi-fi needs a cheap payg dongle deal (and the actual dongle) for his pc. Or would mi-fi be better? Can anyone please help? He will be a light user probably not going on the computer for a week or more at a time and when he does he will probably not be on it for long which is why i think payg will be best for him. He will only browse not stream/download etc so he wont need a huge amount of data I am completely lost with all the different dongles I have seen and all the deals out there the best I think I have found is this one at PC WORLD pcworld.co.uk/gbu…tml but can anyone recommend anything else or find him a better deal? Thanks for any help.

5 Comments

Possibly a cheap smartphone tethered to PC via USB cable, the advantage being he has a secondary mobile in case of emergencies? And if going that route, turn off all handset system and app auto-updates. You may even have one kicking around a drawer somewhere, or maybe £10 delivered via o2 direct? o2.co.uk/sho…ew/

if it is for infrequent use then something like this would be better imho, then there is no worry about keeping things charged up. amazon.co.uk/MF7…gle

SusieM

if it is for infrequent use then something like this would be better … if it is for infrequent use then something like this would be better imho, then there is no worry about keeping things charged up. https://www.amazon.co.uk/MF730M-Mobile-Broadband-Dongle-Preloaded/dp/B00J5BTS3A/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1488397525&sr=8-5&keywords=mobile+dongle

Just an observation: there is no issue with "keeping things charged up" when tethering with a smartphone via USB as by default, the USB connection also provides the power. You don't even need a charger (_;)

AndyRoyd

Just an observation: there is no issue with "keeping things charged up" … Just an observation: there is no issue with "keeping things charged up" when tethering with a smartphone via USB as by default, the USB connection also provides the power. You don't even need a charger (_;)

True, just sometimes keeping it simple with something made for the purpose is easier.

Assuming 3 signal is OK where needed, consider the free 3 PAYG SIM deal of ongoing free 200MB monthly data subject to one chargeable event every 6months; subsequent minimum topup £2; 1p for 1mb over the monthly 200MB inclusive allowance. Use the SIM in any 3-compatible device, with random new example £6.25 delivered ex-UK ebay.co.uk/itm…074
Free SIM: hotukdeals.com/vis…990 (www.three.co.uk/Free_SIM_MBB/Order).
20+ pages of ramble at
hotukdeals.com/dea…990
Not sure what OS the PC will be using but may be wise to disable data-hungry OS updates and obtain the updates elsewhere and take to PC on USB memory stick or similar.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Laser eye surgery33
    2. Selling advice33
    3. Kia Rio 1.0 T-GDI (petrol) vs Rio 1.4 CRDI (diesel)711
    4. Job Centre sending text to confirm appointment33

See more discussions