please help need info on the apple ipod (so is this a good thing to buy)

10 replies
Found 12th Nov 2008
hi all i am thinking of getting my partner a apple ipod the one that argos have on offer the only thing is i am clueless to these things what can you do on them what do you or can you put on them does it cost you anything to put extra things on any advise here needed as i really dont know anything about these things thanks.

10 Comments

hi,

you can put music on, videos and photos.
You can surf the internet as long as you are in a wifi zone.
You can download extra things from apples website but not sure what they are. But you wouldnt buy the ipod for these things anyway, it would be one of the other reasons.

guided tour ]here

Everything you need is in the box. No add ons. Just the ipod, instructions, disks and earphones.

BUT if you want to buy ipod covers, i.e. screen protectors. You buy them seperatly.

cdemico;3441993

Everything you need is in the box. No add ons. Just the ipod, … Everything you need is in the box. No add ons. Just the ipod, instructions, disks and earphones.BUT if you want to buy ipod covers, i.e. screen protectors. You buy them seperatly.

You dont get any disks in the box these days. You will need itunes to put music onto which you can download for free from apple. Just drag any music you have in to it and you are ready to out them on the ipod.

Original Poster

right ok looks like he will have to work this one out i am simple to this sort of stuff the only reason i am thinking of buying one is i cant think of anything else to get him so all in all is this a good present to buy.

MCH1;3442019

You dont get any disks in the box these days. You will need itunes to put … You dont get any disks in the box these days. You will need itunes to put music onto which you can download for free from apple. Just drag any music you have in to it and you are ready to out them on the ipod.

Really? Thought you still get a disk to configure the ipod to your computer. Or something like that.

cdemico;3442097

Really? Thought you still get a disk to configure the ipod to your … Really? Thought you still get a disk to configure the ipod to your computer. Or something like that.

The boxes are tiny now, no way you could fit a disk in or any plugs etc. You just configure it through itunes.

greyparrot;3442081

right ok looks like he will have to work this one out i am simple to this … right ok looks like he will have to work this one out i am simple to this sort of stuff the only reason i am thinking of buying one is i cant think of anything else to get him so all in all is this a good present to buy.

Yeah i reckon its a good present to buy. Im personally waiting for the 32 gb to go cheaper because I want more room, but if it is a first one then it is a good price.
The cheapest place I can find for a 16 gb second generation is dixons at airports which does the 2nd generation for 186 quid.

The only difference with the second version is that it has external volume controls and a speaker.

Depending on how much music he's got, one of the harddisk-based iPods might be a better deal. You'll lose web browsing and get a smaller screen, but the payoff is 160GB of storage instead of 16GB.

dxx;3442204

Depending on how much music he's got, one of the harddisk-based iPods … Depending on how much music he's got, one of the harddisk-based iPods might be a better deal. You'll lose web browsing and get a smaller screen, but the payoff is 160GB of storage instead of 16GB.

the 160gb is a little hard to find now, but the new 120Gb can be had for £162 at dixons and this code may make it another 5% off hotukdeals.com/ite…ns/
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769675
    2. Ordered the Xbox One X from Argos? Delivery could be 00:01 on 07/1111
    3. So it turns out Micheal Winner is a perverted git59
    4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1951384

See more discussions