Groups

Please help, need to connect sky+ box to tele box

Hi folks,

can someone please tell me what connections I need to wire up my sky+ box to telephone socket
    I have to get about 20 metres of wire and I'll get a double socket thing at the telephone box. This allows my telephone and the sky wire onto the one unit.
    Was wanting to use my iPhone 3gs with the sky plus programmer thing on it to record lol

Thanks for any help folks

7 Comments

you dont need it connected to the telephone to use remote record from a mobile phone
    I have skyHD and a nokia mobile
    I can program the remote record while 300 miles away and the sky box isn't connected to the telephone at all.
    It receives its commmands through the satellite not telephone.

Original Poster

But when I try to set up the remote record on the sky box with my mobile it says it needs to connect to the Internet

Original Poster

Anyone?

Original Poster

Ok called sky and u do have to have it connected. It's only to register the moby number first then I can take the cable out happy days

Don't get exactly what you are asking.

"Hi folks,

can someone please tell me what connections I need to wire up my sky+ box to telephone socket
    I have to get about 20 metres of wire and I'll get a double socket thing at the telephone box.
    This allows my telephone and the sky wire onto the one unit.
    Was wanting to use my iPhone 3gs with the sky plus programmer thing on it to record lol

Thanks for any help folks
    "

If all you are asking is how to connect the sky box so it can use the phone line then you need (as you say) a long enough telephone cable (or extension) and a splitter.

Original Poster

I found out it's a dsl to dsl

Original Poster

I bought a lead to connect the box up to the telephone. Once the connection was made and the sky remote set up, I took the cable back.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1215
      2. What's the most impressive 4k / UHD film you have seen at home?712
      3. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!77
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767220

See more discussions