PLEASE HELP NETBOOK ADVICE REQUIRED

12 replies
Found 2nd Jan 2009
Please please please could someone out there give me some advice on what great fantastic netbook there is out there for around £250... for surfing mainly at home,(cheaper than laptop!) storing some pics/video (not a great amount) windows 7 (not essential) good guarantee...n wi-fi ...screen res around 1366 x 768......and is intel celeron better than Atom?????? any replies will be greatly appreciated...I am really fed up looking around the websites for a great deal!......HELP HELP HELP

1. Misc
  2. Netbook
12 Comments

hotukdeals.com/ite…k-p

what about this? my daughter has this one i think and 12months no issues used daily

Banned

samsung nc10
got 2 they are great

Not gonna happen for £250.

Celeron is probably better than the Atom, but it depends what CPU your looking at - the 743 found in most cheap 13.3"'s is better, but the 353 found in the eee 701 is slower.

You wont find any netbooks with that screen res except the Sony which is £329.

NC10 is good, but for the OP its not - screen res isn't enough and it doesnt have Wireless N (although thats "only" a £10-£15 DIY upgrade)

You buy a netbook because it's portable, if you want to buy one just to save a little money then you'll be disappointed.

Original Poster

plumberman01;7404361

http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/572349/advent-4211-c-refurbished-netbook-pwhat about this? my daughter has this one i think and 12months no issues used daily

Thank you ....and a larger screen...thanx for your time...

Original Poster

herewego1234;7404369

samsung nc10got 2 they are great

Thank you...will check them out...Thanx for your time

Original Poster

Jakg;7404374

Not gonna happen for £250.Celeron is probably better than the Atom, but … Not gonna happen for £250.Celeron is probably better than the Atom, but it depends what CPU your looking at - the 743 found in most cheap 13.3"'s is better, but the 353 found in the eee 701 is slower.You wont find any netbooks with that screen res except the Sony which is £329.NC10 is good, but for the OP its not - screen res isn't enough and it doesnt have Wireless N (although thats "only" a £10-£15 DIY upgrade)

Thanx for your honesty and info about choices...greatly appreciated...thanx for your advice about the upgrade and cost...thanx for your time...

Original Poster

guilbert53;7404593

Suggest you read thishttp://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8421491.stm

mmmmmmm now I am confused about what to buy and am now thinking about a laptop! ...Thanx for the info and your time...

Original Poster

EndlessWaves;7404739

You buy a netbook because it's portable, if you want to buy one just to … You buy a netbook because it's portable, if you want to buy one just to save a little money then you'll be disappointed.

very true..am now thinking about a laptop...have some checking out to do....thank you for your time...

BrochScot;7405236

very true..am now thinking about a laptop...have some checking out to … very true..am now thinking about a laptop...have some checking out to do....thank you for your time...

If you don't want the ultra-portability of a netbook, just a computer that you can occasionally transport then I would definitely buy a cheap laptop. After cashback, the following laptop is available for £255.
it247.com/pro…tml

Other people might have more suggestions, or you could look for a better-performing refurbished laptop

Original Poster

sirhobo;7405658

If you don't want the ultra-portability of a netbook, just a computer … If you don't want the ultra-portability of a netbook, just a computer that you can occasionally transport then I would definitely buy a cheap laptop. After cashback, the following laptop is available for £255. http://www.it247.com/product/1/HEWSU0EC/NX541EA-ABU-HP-Compaq-610-Intel-Celeron-560-2-13-GHz-2GB-RAM-160GB-HDD-VHP.htmlOther people might have more suggestions, or you could look for a better-performing refurbished laptop

Thank you very much for the info and the link...Bought one today! 310 delivered then get 50 cashback cheque or voucher..Thank you for your time..and Happy New Year! ....Pauline
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!564080
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769218
    3. Leicester sack their manager!815
    4. The HUKD Wuntu code sharing thread! (Three Mobile)91185

See more discussions