Expired

please help smarter ikettle and yeelight won't connect to alexa

Found 30th Dec 2017
i gave them both my dad for christmas and my nepthew has spent hours trying to link them to alexa and going through all the troubleshooting any useful tips for me please before i send them back for a refund they both can't be faulty also i think he's on windows 8 do they only work with windows 10? he has set up all the relevant apps for both, alexa does not recognise them! i feel really bad now rubbish christmas presents he's been stressed all over the festive season trying to get these things to work!

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
4 Comments

I do remember you have to add the ‘yeelight’ skill From the Alexa app. But it was pretty simple set up. I did have the lights fully functioning through the Yeelight app first before I synced them to alexa. Also the Yeelights run through the Singapore server as opposed to China or USA. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Original Poster

shepademus1 h, 21 m ago

I do remember you have to add the ‘yeelight’ skill From the Alexa app. But …I do remember you have to add the ‘yeelight’ skill From the Alexa app. But it was pretty simple set up. I did have the lights fully functioning through the Yeelight app first before I synced them to alexa. Also the Yeelights run through the Singapore server as opposed to China or USA. Not sure if that makes a difference.

thanks for that tried everything! told my nepthew about the singapore server he reckons he tried that as well, just rang robert dyas and they are collecting the kettle on tuesday i give up now but thanks anyway xx

I have multiple Echo/Alexa's and Yeelights, didn't take more than 5 mins to setup and I didn't have to do a single thing in a PC so not sure how Windows version is relevant.

Original Poster

dcx_badass2 h, 37 m ago

I have multiple Echo/Alexa's and Yeelights, didn't take more than 5 mins …I have multiple Echo/Alexa's and Yeelights, didn't take more than 5 mins to setup and I didn't have to do a single thing in a PC so not sure how Windows version is relevant.

i didn't know if windows was relevant i was just saying thought it might have something to do with enabling the devices on amazon, it is completely wrecking my head so give up now anyway, i know it should be easy to set up by reading reviews and stuff so must be something else wrong tried everything it must have been a complete fluke that both wouldn't connect or my dad's alexa might be knackered! just don't know why they won't connect, something is blocking it but tried all kinds there are quite a few bad reviews on amazon about the kettle with dodgey connection problems so must have bought a dud! just my luck
Post a comment
@
    Text