Please help to choose Nikon 55-200 lens (confused)

Found 20th Aug 2010
Trying to choose between these 2 lens:
amazon.co.uk/Nik…mtd
and
camerabox.co.uk/pro…643

same price delivered
the 2nd have 2ED, lighter, 5 year warranty - looks like the obvious choice ?

confused about the 1st one (from Amazon) - it says "F4.5-5.6" in the title, but there is no such thing on Nikon website, should be "F4-5.6" ? Also the majority of reviews are about 1st lens, what's wrong with the 2nd ?

Thanks

4 Comments

Get the best one.

Original Poster

dcx_badass

I'm pretty sure it's the same lens, and amazon description says:Maximum … I'm pretty sure it's the same lens, and amazon description says:Maximum aperture - f/4-5.6

they also have different numbers of EDs, different weight and different minimum distance 1.1 vs 0.95 m, also they are separately presented on the Nikon's website

The first one fits in both camera body types DX & FX the other just fits DX body

Onemintsown

The first one fits in both camera body types DX & FX the other just fits … The first one fits in both camera body types DX & FX the other just fits DX body

I don't think so, there is no FX version of this lens I'm aware of and the first one is clearly a DX lens only. There are two versions of this lens, the original 55-200 didn't have VR or internal focusing which Nikon added to a new version later one, both are DX lenses though. They will mount on an FX camera like all DX lenses but their image circle isn't large enough for the bigger sensor.

Also, this topic is over two years old.

John
Edited by: "Johnmcl7" 9th Sep 2012
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Young Person's Railcard upper age limit going up to 30!913
    2. Free Now tv vouchers Giveaway. And a few others27
    3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19548074
    4. A christmas wish2240

See more discussions