please help! trouble with get me in & tickets, and taking payment without consent

Found 29th Feb 2012
Firstly let me start by saying that I'm to blame in this situation but the resolution being proposed is completely inappropriate and massively excessive. I've just moved out and cannot afford this in the slightest.

My partner bought me some Blink 182 tickets a while back, we decided to sell them because the rescheduled date was on the day of my best fiends wedding. I put the tickets on getmein.com and forgot all about them. I had no correspondence from them for months.

A free listing day came around on ebay so i listed the tickets on there and sold them no problem. Now the problem is that I did not cancel the tickets on getmein. Now someone has bought them, I've contacted the seller team at getmein and they have responded with the following:

"Dear Mr Ellis,

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately we are not able to cancel any sale after they have been purchased.

Please note that by listing the tickets you have agreed to the seller’s terms and conditions.

We do allow the seller to secure their own replacement. Offers can only be made

once replacement tickets are in hand

A month before the event

Must be made 5 working days before event

50% discount must be applied for any change of date

Minimum of 10% discount must be offered for any change in location

Please note the buyer can refuse the offer if not as ordered. Please do not dispatch any tickets that are not as ordered.

If the buyer refuses the tickets we will source replacements on your behalf or provide the buyer with 150% refund as per the Get Me In fan guard guarantee. Any additional costs are then chargeable to you as stated in the terms sec 3.1 and 7.1. Please note replacement tickets will be secured at the current market value which may be significantly higher than what you originally sold your tickets

Please confirm if you wish to secure replacements or if you wish GMI! to secure on your behalf.

Kind regards

Catherine "

This is horrific, I have no idea what to do. I feel mortified that i've got to source some tickets for someone at my expense or they'll fine me a huge amount!

The website requires you to link your paypal account so i think they can automatically take payment. Is there anything I can do? I cannot afford this and the resolution is way over the top....

Please advise anyone!!
Community Updates
Misc
43 Comments
can you not contact the person who bought the tickets on getmein and deal with them
calum c

can you not contact the person who bought the tickets on getmein and deal … can you not contact the person who bought the tickets on getmein and deal with them

no they don't divulge any info about the buyer, just asking me to send the tickets using their courier service and payment will be sent when they verify the tickets. they sold for £150 each, i didn't even get that for both of them on ebay so there's no way I'm paying what they're asking me to.
Hope you get it sorted, hope the buyer is understanding!
They can't force payment. You can sever your payment arrangement, close your Paypal account, report your credit card as lost, or whatever to block any attempt they might make. Besides that, I'd read through the T&Cs and compare their terms to the Unfair Contract Terms Act .
So what happens if you just ignore them?
pulsex0r

They'll take the payment from OPs card details on the site i would imagine, and might well be within their right to do so under the T&cs Op agreed to (not to clued up on all the laws surrounding it, before i get shot down by someone on here)

I might suggest contacting you're bank and telling them to block any attempt at taking money from this company?
Edited by: "winifer" 29th Feb 2012
pulsex0r

It seems they buy tickets on your behalf and then bill you for them or issue the buyer a 150% refund, what a rip off and a nightmare situation.
You take the hit in my opinion. You should have monitored the Getmein when selling on Ebay......buyer bought in good faith
I've read their terms and conditions and nowhere I don't really find 3.1 and 7.1 applicable. In fact I find 5.1, 5.2, 5.3 applicable. I suggest you e-mail them back and ask them about this so called contract that you agreed to. I'd also point out no where does it say that the 3rd party is liable to a 150% charge on their card?
choc1969

You take the hit in my opinion. You should have monitored the Getmein … You take the hit in my opinion. You should have monitored the Getmein when selling on Ebay......buyer bought in good faith

I'm sure the poster will appreciate your wise words of wisdom.
there is mention in 5.3 of a maximum of 150% amount being paid to the buyer..
When is the concert?
16th June this year..
standing by the way. i've already looked into sourcing replacements and cannot find 2 tickets that match
so basically you need to source 2 tickets for less than 300 quids.

is this not possible?

plumberman01

£60 BIN, job sorted.
casparwhite

so basically you need to source 2 tickets for less than 300 quids.is this … so basically you need to source 2 tickets for less than 300 quids.is this not possible?

seems to be if the ebay item numbers above are legit
total is £150 so i'd need two standing tickets for sat 16th. would you trust a broker like in that ebay item?
right i've spoke to the auction people and can get two standing but won't be sent until up to 21 days before the event, this worries me beacuse mine were sent as soon as i bought them first time around.

also if i buy now and the tickets don't materialise i can't open a paypal dispute as it needs to be opened within 60 days of transaction...

argh this is a nightmare
mikester

there is mention in 5.3 of a maximum of 150% amount being paid to the … there is mention in 5.3 of a maximum of 150% amount being paid to the buyer..

It says "we" not the 3rd party pays the 150%.
have you clicked on the 'seller' tab?

"3.6 Guaranteed Ticket Fulfillment. Once you offer to sell a particular listing of tickets and a Buyer accepts the offer for sale of that ticket, you are contractually bound to supply that ticket to the applicable Buyer. Ticket listings are a legal representation of actual seat location and other details relevant to the tickets. You will be charged either (i) a replacement or fee (see Section 7 below) or (ii) 150% of the value of the transaction (to cover any FanGuard guarantee payments which GET ME IN! is required to make as a result of your failure to deliver tickets), by GET ME IN! if you list tickets for sale and those exact tickets are not available or are not delivered."
Nope, didn't see the "seller" tab. Looks like you're out of luck mate, only thing I could suggest is arguing as to what contract you have been bound into.
Have you actually posted your tickets to the person who bought them on eBay? Or do you still have them in hand?
yep, sold and posted about a month ago
I wouldn't pay them a penny. They would have to take me to court.
The person that bought them hasn't lost a thing.
have you sent the ebay tickets out yet?
thesaint

I wouldn't pay them a penny. They would have to take me to court.The … I wouldn't pay them a penny. They would have to take me to court.The person that bought them hasn't lost a thing.

nkje02

have you sent the ebay tickets out yet?

thesaint

I wouldn't pay them a penny. They would have to take me to court.The … I wouldn't pay them a penny. They would have to take me to court.The person that bought them hasn't lost a thing.

What if the person who bought them has made travel arrangements etc which is why they probably have the guarantee has a safe guard for this sort of thing.
newbie1001

What if the person who bought them has made travel arrangements etc which … What if the person who bought them has made travel arrangements etc which is why they probably have the guarantee has a safe guard for this sort of thing.

the safegaurd however is excessive
thesaint

whats another CCJ to the list eh
You could get Blink 182 to change the date of gig and location.

I've just moved out and cannot afford this in the slightest.

Right so they can't trace you. Cancel your credit card or paypal agreement. Job done. F*** em.
newbie1001

What if the person who bought them has made travel arrangements etc which … What if the person who bought them has made travel arrangements etc which is why they probably have the guarantee has a safe guard for this sort of thing.

If the concert was this month, next month, or the month after, I may have agreed with you.

You agreed, you screwed up, therefore you should pay.

Maybe you will be more careful next time :-)
The address registered is my moms so can't really do that. I've explained the situation in a reply and asked for some flexibility especially with the notice I've given. I also asked if i can speak to the buyer direct to explain the situation, not got a reply yet...
Is there a deadline for the tickets to be sent by, in all fairness Blink 182 tickets will probably be around face value by the time the concert comes round. At this point you can then buy off ebay with the confidence that if they do not arrive you have some protection.
Start looking around 45 days before the gig and then buy and send.

This is what I would do anyway.
punkstoner1

You agreed, you screwed up, therefore you should pay.Maybe you will be … You agreed, you screwed up, therefore you should pay.Maybe you will be more careful next time :-)

Very helpful, the OP has alreay admitted it's all his fault.
Although the fees and that are really excessive I hope you do find some replacement ones. Unfortunately its a costly lesson learnt.
Although I can understand its a genuine c*ck up I'm trying to think of the buyer. If it was you would you be happy if the seller didn't provide the thing you ordered. We get a fair few bitchy threads here about how "retailer x didn't send me my stuff all i got was a cancellation email" For all we know it could be a gift and from experience some ticket sites only send the tickets out a month beforehand so the buyer could be buying in faith.

Afraid can't really help with your situation but wish you luck. With the concert being a fair bit in the future hopefully you can speak to the buyer and work out something.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions